Evergrow IT2040 settings

monkeymanolo

I got a IT2040 about 6 months ago and Ive had it over my frag tank with mixed results.  At first I kept it at the factory ( I believe ERC settings) and i recently started playign around with the custom menu and trying different power settings.

What im looking for is the BEST power setting specifically for an Zoa dominated frag tank, ( a few LPS frags but no SPS). I've learned no setting is perfect for all the different types of Zoas out there, but which one would be the best to accommodate the most?

My parameters are where they need to be, all pretty stable, the fixture is 6 inches from the top of the tank, with the frags 6 inches below the rim, I have not been able to use a PAR metter ( waiting on it already).

What do you guys suggest? I heard there is a template somewhere on RC for Zoas but I cant find it! Can someone point me if they know where it is? Or any suggestions would be appreciated!

Find a look with both channels that you find aesthetically pleasing around the 50/50 mark (ie. 60/40) and adjust from there. Let us know how it goes.

I got a IT2040 about 6 months ago and Ive had it over my frag tank with mixed results.  At first I kept it at the factory ( I believe ERC settings) and i recently started playign around with the custom menu and trying different power settings.

What im looking for is the BEST power setting specifically for an Zoa dominated frag tank, ( a few LPS frags but no SPS). I've learned no setting is perfect for all the different types of Zoas out there, but which one would be the best to accommodate the most?

My parameters are where they need to be, all pretty stable, the fixture is 6 inches from the top of the tank, with the frags 6 inches below the rim, I have not been able to use a PAR metter ( waiting on it already).

What do you guys suggest? I heard there is a template somewhere on RC for Zoas but I cant find it! Can someone point me if they know where it is? Or any suggestions would be appreciated!

I recently moved to these lights. I believe you might have seen them at my house. Anyway, these lights are powerful...initially I had them setup from sunrise to sunset settings...going to max of 75/60 for 2 hrs then coming back down...never did 100%. Even then I thought it was way too powerful for my new zoa's...but my old zoa's are doing just fine till today. Last week I changed the settings down a little and currently doing 60/45 max for 2 hrs. My zoa's seem to be doing fine. 

Do you have a pic of your setup? If I understand your description, the distance between the corals and lights is only around 12". Most of these units come with 90 degree optics, so increasing the distance will allow for a wider light spread. Additionally the lights are pretty powerful and zoas/LPS don't need such a high light intensity.

• 3 months later...

There are a lot of things going into Evergrow settings. Factors include, Distance between Lamp and Water, Distance from top of water to first coral, lenses, type of corals just to name a few of the factors. These evergrow units are really powerful and I believe for most tanks the top end of the power setting should be 60%, but 60% over my tank literally vaporized my Acros. I've found I need to have mine around 30/40%

I like the blue to white ratio around 2:1 roughly. Pick whatever looks good to you. Set the schedule to ramp up and ramp down everyday. Once I finally set the schedule(was lazy), I saw much better results. I peak at almost about 60%b 40%w. But that might be too strong, I've been cutting back duration and intensity alil. But mine are only about 3 or 4in above the water.

• 2 weeks later...