Why not keep clownfish?

treesprite

I would get an Emu, they don't fit in cages, will kick the bananas out of you, doesn't eat like a bird and will kill any fish you put near it. 

I love watching my mated pair of clown fish and admire their loyalty. Whenever I've had enough of my wife, I'd go and look at them. They have helped me keep everything I worked so hard for. I wished I had found this hobby during my first marriage.

You should look into automating your system. Get a Litermeter III and you won't have to do anymore water changes.

Less fish less problems. I agree 100%. This has crosses my mind several times when I fought green hair or cyano. I think when we are building our setups most of us get a little carried away with fish buying. Just do what makes you happy and keeps you in the hobby.

You should look into automating your system. Get a Litermeter III and you won't have to do anymore water changes.

Been thinking about aut water changes for a very long time, but I live in an apartment and really haven't the space for any more water containers. My entire dining room is aquarium stuff. I've got the 75g DT, 40B sump, a small frag tank on a stand, a 42gal Brute for mixing, a 5g container for top-off, a large plastic trunk of aquarium junk, several small empty aquariums, and a bunch of glass pieces from taken apart tanks. Hard to believe there is still room for a small dining table in there; I have vowed I will never use it for aquarium-keeping purposes, in spite of it being surrounded by aquarium cr*p.

I don't want to take down the tank, I just want it to be better than it is and that isn't going to happen until I have it full of full-grown coral colonies. I'm upset because for some reason, zoanthids keep vanishing. I put 3 turbo snails in my tank and they have been plowing over the zoanthid frags and just sitting on top of them. I put the turbos in the frag tank, but they wiped it out of algae so fast that I had to put them in the DT so they would not starve (does anyone want to trade them for a frag?).

I can say that it's nice to not get stings all over my hands anymore, thanks to killing off the liverock like I did... it was worth the effort and time it took.

I think I should give up the clowns still. They are cute, but I think my mine desire for keeping them is my imagining of one day raising some baby clownfish. I tell myself that when I have retired I will try raising some clownfish. That's like 20 years away, though, and I'm not sure that this particular pair of clowns is going to produce that far into the future. I feel like I should get rid of them and not get anymore until about 3 years before I retire. But they are cute.