New 475,000 Gallon Build

dandy7200

Jack- nothing wrong with the foundation walls coming up a couple feet above grade. Even if this is a building, you then have an option of spraying a hose inside and not wording about a wet sill plate, or having a week spot where water could come inside or get outside. Grading is also easier.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jack- nothing wrong with the foundation walls coming up a couple feet above grade. Even if this is a building, you then have an option of spraying a hose inside and not wording about a wet sill plate, or having a week spot where water could come inside or get outside. Grading is also easier.

Agreed but looking at the 1st photo, the majority of the wall is way above 2'.

Actually, looking further, it looks like the inside floor (or whatever it ends up being) is above the average grade of the site so the wall may be withholding the inside as much as the outside.

I want to provide a compliment, but I don't really understand what I am looking at.

Nailed it.

You are looking at a warehouse being constructed. What you see is the lumber for the walls, roof trusses, and plywood sheathing for the roof. 

Nope, this is a fish tank.  Ever since he lost his cowfish, Dan has been remorseful of the fact that he didn't have quite enough room.  I heard a rumor that he's going to have a whole herd of them.  They are also going to make the walls of the tank out of a new ultra-thin, ultra-strong transparent material.  They found a new engineer, some guy named Scott Montgomery.  He said he had a new formula for something that would be the equivalent of transparent aluminum.  Heard they are using this in a new line of skimmers that they are going to name the Avast Enterprise line.  Definitely made in the USSA.

don't laugh - saw on a news feed today Shatner might be in the next movie.

Don't laugh right back, he is actually a distant relative of mine. Thought of inviting goold old Cousin Willie to my wedding but my wife wouldn't allow it (relation is in her side of the family).

Dan, when is this thing going to be finished? I hear it's better suited for a dry suit...

arrrgh!  Nothin' be gettin' by this savvy crew!  

Well it will still hold 475,000 gallons but we are planning on filling it with a machine shop and inventory instead of water.  The industrial building we have been at for the last 3 years has served it's purpose well but, it is time to move on to bigger and better things.  We have been looking and planning a move of some sort for about a year now and it is getting close.  We plan to be moved in by halloween.  The new place will allow us to continue to grow and add some more mates to the ship and we are REALLY excited.  Many of you here know that the shop (and me) is in the Winchester VA area and the shipping and inventory is in the Rockville, MD area (and Justin).  The new place will allow us to centralize the operation, which will really help boost productivity and turn inventory faster.

Did I miss something. Winchester. I thought you were in mauretown

Are you on septic? Is that what is graded on the right or a parking lot?

Making good progress.