MACNA 2015 in DC!

jwalsh

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He doesn't want you rolling home at 11pm smelling of acropora and booze and waking him up. 

The Marriott said that they have rooms with 1 king or 2 doubles at that rate when I booked.

My husband actually told me to get a hotel room! I was like, I can just drive up to Springfield and metro in and out each day,lol

so..just putting this out there for any other local female that might want to split a room with me :) I'm sure we can get 2Full sized beds

Yes....and yes...

He said to remember a cooler...and to label it so the hotel people don't touch it,lol like 'ORGAN DONATION' or something...

Yes....and yes...

He said to remember a cooler...and to label it so the hotel people don't touch it,lol like 'ORGAN DONATION' or something...

Just put "Ebola Samples" on it

So do the tickets with the early bird pricing go quick? Just wondering if I should get this now or can wait a bit.

The price is limited I think to this weekend if I remember correctly. I would buy now, you can always resell later if you have to, but this is the best price.

So do the tickets with the early bird pricing go quick? Just wondering if I should get this now or can wait a bit.

+1 buy now, you can always resell later...maybe even make a little if not at least break even.

We have a big booth booked! Can't wait!!!!! :)

I've been meaning to go out and visit you guys. I know it's a year out but I will definitely check out your booth!

Just a heads up for all going, parking is at an extreme premium down there. I used to do trade shows at marriott wardman all the time. You basically have two options. Park there for $30 or park across the street at the omni shoreham for $30, there is no public parking within walking distance and the meters are maybe 2 hours and you can't just keep filling them up or you'll get a ticket, trust me, been there, done that. If you don't need to drive the metro stops about a block away and is HIGHLY recommended.

We're working with the hotel on discounted parking terms and possibly a lower cost off site parking alternative. The event is a year off still, so give us time to work these details out.

So many questions from you all.

Sorry, we've had a very busy time these last few days. As you can see, many of the booths are already committed. That's a great success already. We will post a list of exhibitors and an interactive map as we are able. There's a lot we need to do to catch up.

I think that we sold 500 or more full conference passes at the early bird rate. Thevrate is available a little longer, but it will go up, so get yours now. I don't want to talk about a specific date, though, should we find it necessary to limit the number sold at this loss-leader rate. As a point of reference, Denver limited their sale at the early bird rate to 500 tickets.....

There's a list of former host cities that have hosted MACNA twice. We're not the first, but we are in an elite group.

So far, so good.

We're working with the hotel on discounted parking terms and possibly a lower cost off site parking alternative. The event is a year off still, so give us time to work these details out.