MACNA 2015 in DC!

jwalsh

What did you register for, Rob? I did see something for one day but then it wasn't there. Glitch? I wish I missed stuff...

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I'm taking Metro everyday. Can't wait!

I have to decide between taking the metro each day and sleep at home or stay at the hotel and when the day is over, go home (either by car or metro) and take care of the animals and then get back to the hotel to sleep and then already be at the hotel for the next day.

maybe Isaac will be the DD for fishheads.

No way, I'll be at that party!

I'm there!!

Conference tickets (check)

Hotel room (check)

Flight (TBD)

Wait on flights until you find some great airfares or until about a month or two from now. We have a discount that kicks in on United and partners and I am working on SWA, Delta, American, and any others I can think of at will do the discount. It is not always that much, but something is better than nothing. Will be to all 3 area airports as well - IAD, DCA, and BWI (Dulles, Reagan, and... BWI).

Just a heads up for all going, parking is at an extreme premium down there. I used to do trade shows at marriott wardman all the time. You basically have two options. Park there for $30 or park across the street at the omni shoreham for $30, there is no public parking within walking distance and the meters are maybe 2 hours and you can't just keep filling them up or you'll get a ticket, trust me, been there, done that. If you don't need to drive the metro stops about a block away and is HIGHLY recommended.

Thanks, Dave. I figured as much. It is a year away so there's plenty of time for airfare. JetBlue too? 

Edited by Jans Natural Reef Foods

Just a heads up for all going, parking is at an extreme premium down there. I used to do trade shows at marriott wardman all the time. You basically have two options. Park there for $30 or park across the street at the omni shoreham for $30, there is no public parking within walking distance and the meters are maybe 2 hours and you can't just keep filling them up or you'll get a ticket, trust me, been there, done that. If you don't need to drive the metro stops about a block away and is HIGHLY recommended.

Ha. +1. I used to work for the company that runs parking at that hotel (and a bunch of others). Only advice I have is, don't count on it being $30. It's probably higher now.

However, if you feel like an evil person, just valet park and when your car gets brought back to you, say there was a scratch on it. Or that the guy didn't run fast enough etc...

I got the registration and then received an email with confirmation and a QR Code for a ticket! We are paperless! How great is that. 

Also a QR Code to pick up the Tshirt at MACNA.

I wonder if there is anyway to get the T-shirt any earlier?

Powers that Be? :rolleyes:

Thanks guys.

I just registered. I know of a party on that Friday night....

I know of one on Sat. night.....

So for folks that have gone to macna before...

Are the vendors there to sell product as one of their primary tasks or do they mostly just bring their new tech to show off and might happen to have a thing or two in a box in the back that you could buy?

My husband actually told me to get a hotel room! I was like, I can just drive up to Springfield and metro in and out each day,lol

so..just putting this out there for any other local female that might want to split a room with me :) I'm sure we can get 2Full sized beds

My husband actually told me to get a hotel room! I was like, I can just drive up to Springfield and metro in and out each day,lol

so..just putting this out there for any other local female that might want to split a room with me :) I'm sure we can get 2Full sized beds

He doesn't want you rolling home at 11pm smelling of acropora and booze and waking him up. 

The Marriott said that they have rooms with 1 king or 2 doubles at that rate when I booked.

A first for MACNA - This is the first time in MACNA history that this conference is being held in the same venue twice. 

So for folks that have gone to macna before...

Are the vendors there to sell product as one of their primary tasks or do they mostly just bring their new tech to show off and might happen to have a thing or two in a box in the back that you could buy?

Good question. I have always assumed you can buy stuff or else why would coral resellers go? But most exhibitions I've gone to are only there to show off products and there is no opportunity to purchase.

Edited by howaboutme

If you download the 2014 version, please provide feedback on it. Doing conference app for MACNA was our idea that Denver picked up on at the last minute. That's ok because it allows us to treat 2014 as a test run for ours.

Just wanted to say I love the app. It is really cool and I can't wait to use it next year as well.

Just bought the full pass. Wish it was this weekend instead of next year!

Just bought mine too. See you there, Mike!