MACNA 2015 in DC!

jwalsh

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's macna?

Read the post in the Member Discussion or Club News forums.

"For those that don't know exactly what a MACNA is: It's one of the largest reefing exhibition / education venues of its kind in the entire world. It's a multi-day experience drawing hobbyists from around the country and from overseas to hear up to three days worth of speakers delivering on topics of interest to the community. It also draws hundreds of sponsors and exhibitors from all corners of this hobby: Equipment manufacturers, retailers, drygoods providers, livestock providers, internet and print media, and conservation organizations to name a few."

Dang Tom, $125/night in DC is awesome!  What's parking?

Right now $30 and we're also looking at the possibility of some off-site parking.  This will be an on-going process as we work through and determine what we can and cannot do.  Still lots of work ahead of us!

Reef2Reef.com is super excited about MACNA 2015 in DC! Happy to be a part of what I know is going to be one of the best MACNA shows of all times! Maybe the BEST! Thanks for having R2R!

Reef2Reef.com is super excited about MACNA 2015 in DC! Happy to be a part of what I know is going to be one of the best MACNA shows of all times! Maybe the BEST! Thanks for having R2R!

Hey there, Rev. Thanks for joining in. We welcome having your and R2R's support. 

I took the liberty of sharing the announcement from Advanced Aquarists on a few fb groups. Eh, not too many people. Just some 4,000+ members  :tongue:

Edited by Jans Natural Reef Foods

What MACNA app, Dave? Where can I find it?

For 2014, it's here.

We'll do something similar for 2015, but not now. 

Can we have our Wamas meet there?

I hope that enough of us will be there that we can consider it an informal gathering of sorts.

I took the liberty of sharing the announcement from Advanced Aquarists on a few fb groups. Eh, not too many people. Just some 4,000+ members  :tongue:

Yay! Thanks, Jan.

For 2014, it's here.

We'll do something similar for 2015, but not now. 

If you download the 2014 version, please provide feedback on it.  Doing conference app for MACNA was our idea that Denver picked up on at the last minute.  That's ok because it allows us to treat 2014 as a test run for ours.

If you download the 2014 version, please provide feedback on it.  Doing conference app for MACNA was our idea that Denver picked up on at the last minute.  That's ok because it allows us to treat 2014 as a test run for ours.

True story. But the team in Denver has been excellent to work with and provided us with a lot of infrastructure and expertise to help get us going. We're very pleased to have been able to help in any small way that we could to bring this new element to the party.

True story. But the team in Denver has been excellent to work with and provided us with a lot of infrastructure and expertise to help get us going. We're very pleased to have been able to help in any small way that we could to bring this new element to the party.

Most definitely!  I should have phrased it differently.  I was trying to stress how the feedback to Denver's app will be so directly relevant to making ours better.

Most definitely!  I should have phrased it differently.  I was trying to stress how the feedback to Denver's app will be so directly relevant to making ours better.

I understood. I just wanted to make sure that everybody else in this General Forum did.

I've had fun with the app already. It's great to see what it can do and how it can be used effectively. We're already seeing exhibitors and hobbyists participating full throttle. The app really helps to bind the participants together and, for those that don't go, it's a window into what's going on in real-time.

Congratulations WAMAS!!!!!

A big thanks to everyone involved that made this happen.

I was soooo bummed that I couldn't make it to Denver this time around--now this!!!!!!!!! What fantastic news; I couldn't be more excited!

Oh my gosh.........I guess I have to start socking away money in a MACNA fund!...............The goodies, the goodies, the goodies! :cheers:

I went to the one in (I think) 2005 when we had it in Crystal City.....It was overwhelming. Such a candy store :laugh: