MACNA 2015 in DC!

jwalsh

Congratulations DC!  I am looking forward to making the trip from over here on the left coast. (San Diego)  I do events in DC a few times a year so it will be nice to go out there to actually be an attendee.  I'll be registering and booking my hotel room at the end of the week. 

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WAMAS is absolutely a first rate club. I can attest to that. All the people running WAMAS are all "true" professionals. You should go on the lecture circuit and educate other clubs on how to run a successful club. No kidding!!!

We have a handful more shirts. I am guessing we can bring those sales to a meeting or something for pickup.  We need to regroup a bit after the chaos and come up with a plan for distribution for the locals.

Thanks to everyone that has signed up. We will need you all on this one in one way or another. So many comments about how we have a first rate club on the other boards. Over the next year, we need to show everyone they are correct. 

I didn't put this out the right way at all. Thankyou. This is the first time in MACNA history that the same club gets to host a MACNA conference. 

This is WAMAS's second time hosting.  BUT we are in a new venue this time.  In 2005 we held it at Crystal City Hyatt.

MACNA History

26 Years of MACNA!

Twenty six years and going strong!

I Marine Aquarium Society of Toronto April 22-23, 1989

II Cleveland Saltwater Enthusiasts Association April 21-22, 1990

III Windows to the Sea Marine Aquarium Society (New Jersey) April 20-21, 1991

IV Florida Marine Aquarium Society September 20-21, 1992

V Marine Aquarium Society of Toronto September 12-13, 1993

VI Cleveland Saltwater Enthusiasts Association October 14-16, 1994

VII Louisville Marine Aquarium Society September 14-16, 1995

VIII Kansas City Metro Aquatics Council October 11-13, 1996

IX Chicago Marine Aquarium Society September 12-14, 1997

X Marine Aquarium Society of Los Angeles September 25-27, 1998

XI Louisville Marine Aquarium Society September 10-12, 1999

XII Florida Marine Aquarium Society (Fort Lauderdale) September 29 – October 1, 2000

XIII Chesapeake Marine Aquarium Society (Baltimore) August 17-19, 2001

XIV Dallas-Fort Worth Marine Aquarium Society September 27-29, 2002

XV Louisville Marine Aquarium Society September 5-7, 2003

XVI Boston Reefers Society October 14-16, 2004

XVII Washington D.C. Area Marine Aquarist Society September 16-18, 2005

XVIII Marine Aquarium and Reef Society of Houston September 22-24, 2006

XIX Pittsburgh Marine Aquarium Society September 14-16, 2007

XX Atlanta Reef Club September 5-7, 2008

XXI New Jersey Reefers Club (Atlantic City) September 25-27, 2009

XXII Orlando Reef Caretakers Association September 3-5, 2010

XXIII Greater Iowa Reef Society (Des Moines) September 9-11, 2011

XXIV Dallas Ft Worth Aquarium Society September 28-30, 2012

XXV Florida Marine Aquarium Society (Hollywood) August 30 – September 1, 2013

XXVI Colorado Organization for Reef and Aquatic Life (Denver) August 29-31, 2014

XXVII Washington D.C. Area Marine Aquarist Society  September 4-6, 2015

As wamas members do we get a coupon code?

SOOO wamas hahaha...

Holy cowfish this is cool. finally get to go to one of these hopefully.

Very cool and hopefully i can volunteer in some way shape or form......i have a truck and large trailer if needed haha

or we could get some wamas stickers made and decorate the race car for display out front???

or we could get some wamas stickers made and decorate the race car for display out front???

That would be super cool!

As wamas members do we get a coupon code?

Yes. But it expires this Sunday. $89 for full access. Prices go up some time on Sunday.

Seriously, though. There is no planned discount other than those offered to the public. MACNA is an event that we brought to our backyard to benefit the membership so you could attend without traveling to some other city. That alone should be reason to jump on this. Even if you have to stay overnight at the Marriott, you're paying far less than those that are flying in from around the country (and around the world). If you do decide to stay overnight in the hotel, then register now through the MACNA 2015 website and lock in a room before our reserved block sells out. 

As of last night, we'd sold over 500 full access passes to MACNA 2015. 70% of our booths are sold already (since the end of August). We're off to a great start.

As of last night, we'd sold over 500 full access passes to MACNA 2015. 70% of our booths are sold already (since the end of August). We're off to a great start.

Wow! That is pretty awesome!

I'm still trying to find a 1.026 sticker for my car. There is a club down in va beach that had them at on of their meets. It was just a white oval with black letters like a OBX one... tupid google has failed me so far

To those who want WAMAS stickers- http://www.cafepress.com/wamas (scroll down).

I'm still trying to find a 1.026 sticker for my car. There is a club down in va beach that had them at on of their meets. It was just a white oval with black letters like a OBX one... tupid google has failed me so far

http://wamas.org/forums/topic/66112-mamax-10182014-virginia-beach/?do=findComment&comment=618050
Contact that guy about stickers he might be able to hook you up =)

Edited by Squishie89

i was talkign more about very large stickers and putting the car up front of the hotel type of thing...maybe get Chips hotrod as well as the several other members with nice cars here

Any idea if the parking is monitored? I know that part of DC is not too bad compared to other parts, but I worry about my car.

It's a below ground parking garage so there should be security cameras and the entrance will be through the hotel unless you walk down the ramp.

The parking in that hotel is run by a company called "Towne park"

It's fairly big in parking, they will most certainly not discount the rate unless it's specified in the macna contract. Even then, it's more than likely that it will be only discounted if you park your car yourself, not valet park.

As far as security goes, if you are worried about your car, your ONLY option will be to valet park and make sure you walk around your car to make sure the valet didn't put any scratches on it. If you do valet park and there's damage, the company will do it's best to tell you that it wasn't them that caused it, but if you stay your course, they will cover it.

If you park yourself and your car gets damaged, you're on your own. That's not just Towne park, that's any parking garage in the country. There may be security cameras and the hotel will help you to an extent, but don't expect any kind of reimbursement or any real help.

I worked for these guys for years. If you have any questions, feel free to pm me.

i was talkign more about very large stickers and putting the car up front of the hotel type of thing...maybe get Chips hotrod as well as the several other members with nice cars here

Yeah, like my Elantra, lol.

Reduced parking rates would be because we buy down the rate and pay for it out of MANCA proceeds. There is an awful lot of financial balancing we are doing right now as we negotiate with the hotel and various contractors for this. Our goal is to make it affordable for all attendees and exhibitors so that we can pack the house.