MACNA 2015 in DC!

jwalsh

The hotel is charging for parking even if you are staying there?

Yes. Parking is a separately run business / profit center with these city hotels. That's pretty standard. We had discounted parking in Denver this week, but even then it was $28 a day.  Like I said, give us time. We've got a year for details to get worked out. 

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A first for MACNA - This is the first time in MACNA history that this conference is being held in the same venue twice. 

This is WAMAS's second time hosting.  BUT we are in a new venue this time.  In 2005 we held it at Crystal City Hyatt.

The hotel is charging for parking even if you are staying there?

That is with every hotel I've stayed at in DC...some of the outlying cities and such don't but in every big city I have ever been in they charge even if your staying,,,sometimes they discount it $5 a day or something minimal...lol

I vote for all of us staying, we find a way to carpool...and split the per day rate....just a thought :)

Any idea if the parking is monitored? I know that part of DC is not too bad compared to other parts, but I worry about my car.

It's a below ground parking garage so there should be security cameras and the entrance will be through the hotel unless you walk down the ramp.

It's a separate line item to purchase.  I got a shirt too.  Wonder if we wait a year to get the shirts at the Marriott or if they are going to have a shirt mailing party at some point in the next few month.  It'll be a lot of stuff to process. 8)

Couple questions- sorry if they have been answered previously.

First, can we get a shirt at the event?

Second, if we buy the $40 registration can we go for the day and come home with frags?  The site doesn't really say if coral will be for sale or when.

We have a handful more shirts. I am guessing we can bring those sales to a meeting or something for pickup.  We need to regroup a bit after the chaos and come up with a plan for distribution for the locals.

Thanks to everyone that has signed up. We will need you all on this one in one way or another. So many comments about how we have a first rate club on the other boards. Over the next year, we need to show everyone they are correct. 

Couple questions- sorry if they have been answered previously.

First, can we get a shirt at the event?

Second, if we buy the $40 registration can we go for the day and come home with frags?  The site doesn't really say if coral will be for sale or when.

Right now, we have only the full conference passes for sale. All three days of speakers, functions, and floor access to buy whatever you'd like. Sales will be for all three days. There will probably be day passes, but at the current rate it is a screaming deal. 

You can get a shirt at the event, but we will probably have some at meetings.

Already over budget for this year but I am in! Thank you WAMAS!

Just can't turn the early price down when it's our own backyard. Another two tickets sold.

Also happy to volunteer on this or other club business. Who do we contact re helping out and volunteering time?

Edited by FirstContact

Any idea what the costs to exhibit would be? Is it safe to assume it's the standard 10'x10' layout?

We have an exhibitor prospectus. I'll PM you.