I am in LOVE....JF Beach Bum Monti

DuffyGeos

Ok I am a little jealous....Marco just texted me a picture of a JF Beach Bum from MACNA that he now owns......... along with 2 other hot corals. At least I know I am near the top of the list for a frag!

I got that same picture. Sigh.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got that same picture. Sigh.

Turns out he meant to say "get it", as in I should buy it, but sent "got it" so I thought he had bought it.

The worst part is he sold 3 frags and they were about an inch each for $125. Then everyone went crazy over it and he jacked the price to $500. There is someone else in MD who has a piece but I forget his name.

The worst part is he sold 3 frags and they were about an inch each for $125. Then everyone went crazy over it and he jacked the price to $500. There is someone else in MD who has a piece but I forget his name.

You're killin me.......

I met a guy named John up in White Marsh yesterday who has a frag of this. He has a ton of the high end stuff from JF, WWC, RR, etc. He is not on any forum though. Maybe the same person Justin is referring to.

I met a guy named John up in White Marsh yesterday who has a frag of this. He has a ton of the high end stuff from JF, WWC, RR, etc. He is not on any forum though. Maybe the same person Justin is referring to.

I wouldn't mind talking to John in White marsh if you don't mind PM me.

I know Jason Fox lives in MD, does anyone know what area? I think it is out a little from the beltway area in more of a rural area.

just curious.

Edited by DuffyGeos

I wouldn't mind talking to John in White marsh if you don't mind PM me.

I know Jason Fox lives in MD, does anyone know what area? I think it is out a little from the beltway area in more of a rural area.

just curious.

Sadly I hit up John via text and he lost his JF Beach Bum, however he is hitting up a few of his friends on R2R who have them finding out what they have. To be continued.....

Sadly I hit up John via text and he lost his JF Beach Bum, however he is hitting up a few of his friends on R2R who have them finding out what they have. To be continued.....

Thanks for reaching out.

So my friend was able to use his contacts and found out JF only has one frag left of this beach bum and it is about to hit the street at $699. This coral may stay out of reach for a while sadly.

Thanks for the leg work....yea I am out at that price. She is pretty, but too pricey. It will have to wait.

Yah I think the guys name was John that I had talked to. Jason cut it way to soon before letting it settle in. It's a gorgeous piece and a shame that everyone is so quick to frag it up to turn a profit instead of growing it out in the hopes more will be able to get a piece. By far one of the best montis I've ever seen and a shame that it will

Probably never be seen again at a decent price. Jason lives up by the PA/MD line and is super strict about who he let's know where he lives and see his tanks

Yah I think the guys name was John that I had talked to. Jason cut it way to soon before letting it settle in. It's a gorgeous piece and a shame that everyone is so quick to frag it up to turn a profit instead of growing it out in the hopes more will be able to get a piece. By far one of the best montis I've ever seen and a shame that it will

Probably never be seen again at a decent price. Jason lives up by the PA/MD line and is super strict about who he let's know where he lives and see his tanks

Thanks for the input......just curious NOT STALKING! :blink:

Yea that is such a beautiful coral, I would not take the chance of fragging it until it was 2"-3" +/- so it would have a fighting chance. Imagine paying a couple hundred bucks thinking you would cut it up and sell these pea size pieces and make a killing........ and they all died and you were left with nothing :cry:

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.....I am still amazed when I look at my Mystic Monti.....grows like a weed and has amazing colors.

I can think of a lot of other things I would rather spend that money on, at $700! Plus I would probably kill it in my tank.

That is all just jealously talking, btw.

I can think of a lot of other things I would rather spend that money on, at $700! Plus I would probably kill it in my tank.

That is all just jealously talking, btw.

Kill it in your tank? I'm pretty sure stuff grows like weeds in your tank. Edited by truetricia2

Better way to spend $700....A plane ticket to Montana to go hiking in Glacier National Park. 35daca0d1f86e60c9b8df2a15d06c1b1.jpg

Better way to spend $700....A plane ticket to Montana to go hiking in Glacier National Park. 

Now your talking, but I"m thinking horseback instead of hiking. 

Edited by surf&turf

Better way to spend $700....A plane ticket to Montana to go hiking in Glacier National Park. 35daca0d1f86e60c9b8df2a15d06c1b1.jpg

Now that is my type of week. Maybe a little kayaking please.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice Paint, your's or rented?

Rented for the morning. Not my kind of horse. I ride English mostly here in DC. But when in Montana. ... It was a gorgeous ride up.

Anyways, much better value of $700 than a coral. Although I can't put the mountain in my living room. Maybe. ...