Sad Day Today

Gadgets

Today was a sad day for me. Seems like everything that can go wrong has. The circuit that runs my tank has blown and the electrician came to try and fix it, but he has to come back tomorrow and rplace some wiring or something. The problem is that I am leaving tomorrow and won't be back in town until Sunday. Do u guys think that the tank will be ok until Sunday with no light?

Thanks

Thanks Chip.

I am about to run a heavy duty power strip to put the lighting on. I hope that it works and doesn't blow the ciruit. I am going to try and run the bare essentials (Circulation, return pump, heater, Aqua Controller, and lighting)

Chris,

Your corals will be fine without lights, but they won't do well without circulations and heat.

I would turn off the lights so the high wattage of the lights doesn't cause the breaker to trip.

Jon

OK I have hooked in a power strip and I have everything but the lights running! I am hoping that I don't see much brown out from the corals when I return on Sunday. I talked to the electrician and he is coming tomorrow at 8am so hopefully he can fix this before I leave. Thanks Guys!

The lighting should not be a problem. In nature, corals don't receive full light 365 days a year, and simulating some stormy weather may do some good.

Also, you need to make sure that the new power supply is GFCI protected.

In nature, corals don't receive full light 365 days a year

Ditto - can't ever recall hearing of corals going bad from a few no light days. As long as the water stays warm & moving they should be fine.

Oh yeah...........bummer, sorry to hear of the "adventure".

Good news is that any algae should be knocked out! :rolleyes: