Post a pic of your 'fuge!

JeremyS

(edited)

Sometimes I almost prefer to watch the 'fuge over the DT.  What's yours look like?

e4NfxUP.jpg

Edited by JeremyS

I feel the same way. Its just caulerpa for me now. No powerheads just a d120 running whites. I would like to get one of the evergrow fudge lights. My huge mass of cheato died when I hooked up my 5' life reef/skimz skimmer. That sucks because it was home to hundreds of starfish....

There is a ton of different critters all running around on the glass. Very nice to watch every now and then.

Posted Image

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Here's mine... It's still used a some what holding place for few corals but I plan to put there several types of Xenia.

So far I got 3 types of macro algae: cheto, something red and lettuce algea. I'll probably add some mangrove later on

abese2a8.jpg

So my fuge is non traditional.   I have a fuge tower.  

787f2e7d-2722-4938-9950-722b025c5028_zps

These 20g tanks were supposed to be a fuge and frag tanks and are linked to my main system.  Turns out the flow through the 20's is really too slow for a good frag tank, although I am still working on that. In the meantime, I use them as refugiums and Bangaii breeding tanks. 

The top 20 is a fuge with sand and caulerpa. I just harvested the caulerpa today. This is what I took out. My breeding male Bangaii is also in there. He is isolated because he is holding eggs. Babies due in about 2 weeks. 

IMG_0408_zps32e4d20c.jpg

IMG_0396_zps46e8ea72.jpg

The second tank has no light on it and right now is empty. It is waiting for the new baby fish to arrive. 

Tank 3 had juvenile bangaii and is also a pulsing xenia fuge. 

IMG_0409_zps97910cd8.jpg

The bottom tank has 2 subadult bangaii right now and is growing a nice bunch of chaeto. 

IMG_0412_zps433310d2.jpg

Motti that looks like a display tank to me?

Motti, that is NOT a fuge.....  :rolleyes:

Haha, it's on a way to be one... unfurtnely the cheto ball was outside of the frame, and it's missing some of the newer macro i got. but no fish, no predetors and i am shooting for display fuge with macro / bunch of different xenia species....

BTW I love your fuge tower, awesome idea!!!

Ok motti, no fish and some macro is a good start.  That's going to be a huge refugium. 

The fuge tower is cool, however it's a little disappointing since it was supposed to be a FRAG tower. But whatever, make lemonade. 

Here's my fuge.  I have a sump tower too with the skimmer and reactors up top fed by a manifold and fuge down below with drains on the left and return section on the right.  d120 red/royal light grows lots of mixed chaeto, ulva fragments, and hair algae which I pull out every 2 weeks.

IMAG1454_zps9nhux5mm.jpg