Jebao DC 6000 paid for itself already

Crob5965

So I recently purchased a Jebao DC 6000 for my return pump on my 90 gal. First I would like to say that I love the adjustable flow feature, it has 6 speeds ranging from 400GPH -1500GPH, and the feed mode is a nice touch also even though I never use it, but most of all the auto shut off when there is no water detected is awesome.

I made a dumb decision this morning to do a WC before heading to work, yeah I know never tinker with your tank if your not going to be around for a while to make sure everything is good to go lol. for whatever reason my skimmer went in overdrive and started pulling water out of my tank filling my 5 gal water jug I use for skimmate and dumping about 1+gal of saltwater on my dining room floor, luckily when the return resevoir ran dry and the pump shut off and didnt burn out, which saved my ass as I do not have a backup return pump.

if only they can make a pump that can clean the mess up before your wife finds out, I was not so lucky when I got home at lunch and tried to conceal the incident and was caught red handed with my wifes mop cleaning nasty skimmer water.

lol..i did not realize the pumps did that...that is nice....

and as for getting caught ... if you have a controller...get the water sensors....

p.s. i have a seperate bathroom for cleaning all of my tanks 'mistakes'.

So I recently purchased a Jebao DC 6000 for my return pump on my 90 gal. First I would like to say that I love the adjustable flow feature, it has 6 speeds ranging from 400GPH -1500GPH, and the feed mode is a nice touch also even though I never use it, but most of all the auto shut off when there is no water detected is awesome.

I made a dumb decision this morning to do a WC before heading to work, yeah I know never tinker with your tank if your not going to be around for a while to make sure everything is good to go lol. for whatever reason my skimmer went in overdrive and started pulling water out of my tank filling my 5 gal water jug I use for skimmate and dumping about 1+gal of saltwater on my dining room floor, luckily when the return resevoir ran dry and the pump shut off and didnt burn out, which saved my ass as I do not have a backup return pump.

if only they can make a pump that can clean the mess up before your wife finds out, I was not so lucky when I got home at lunch and tried to conceal the incident and was caught red handed with my wifes mop cleaning nasty skimmer water.

Yes I love my DC pumps as well. These thing are not on back order by chance. They are great pumps. Now wait until you try a RLSS skimmer. I am a skimmer junky and love them as well. you will swear you for got to tun them on until you smell the nasty skimmate. :blink:

lol..i did not realize the pumps did that...that is nice....

and as for getting caught ... if you have a controller...get the water sensors....

p.s. i have a seperate bathroom for cleaning all of my tanks 'mistakes'.

I didnt know about the auto shut off either, I looked at the box to look for warranty info because I thought it was broken lol

(edited)

good to know, hopefully I will never have to test it again, I dont know why I thought a WC before leaving the house for hours was a good idea, I guess I just got complacent, after dozens of WC's I've never had to adjust or tweak anything, system usually fires right back up without any issues.

Edited by Crob5965

Yea those pumps are pretty good, they keep on getting better, I got one DC6000 for my mixing tank and one DC12000 for the main return on my system.  To my surprise you can also control the intensity of the speed on the new version of WP power heads.

yeah I have a 2014 WP-25, very happy especially for the price, that's what prompted me to buy the Jebao DC600 and it's very quiet

How can someone tell what gen for these pumps? sorry if a hijack

let your sump run dry if the pump doesnt blow up it's a Gen 2

Just kidding I think the gen 2's came out 2014 not sure if they look different

Humm, sounds like a job for the crew at Avast :)