Opinions on my water chemistry

howaboutme

Yeah, I am dosing Ca as well. I'm thinking maybe the last batch I mixed of Ca and Alk were off... I'm not sure if the additive can be tested for concentration or what it should be. Anyone know?

The Ca could be off because the Mag got so low. Or maybe both being low is related. I do know that if mag is off things can get wonky, but I'm not enough of a chemist to know what :) But either way, having low Ca puts me on par with Isaac's issue as well. I don't know if he's tested Mag either, so would be interesting to explore.

For me, this was the first test in a month, so don't look at me as any kind of example of religious testing...

My mag was 1280 last I checked. Last week or 2 weeks ago

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I am dosing Ca as well. I'm thinking maybe the last batch I mixed of Ca and Alk were off... I'm not sure if the additive can be tested for concentration or what it should be. Anyone know? 

I don't know your answer but funny thing...I actually did try to test my Alk recipe (Randy's recipe 1) after I mixed it with my Hanna. The cuvette turned a crazy color and the screen gave me some error. Then I realized, the Alk recipe is way off the charts and not measurable by our test kits..haha..Another oops moment that evening of many while I attempted that recipe for the 1st time.

I'm sure if we dilute the recipe we can get it to where we can measure. I just don't know the math.

So I measure calcium today with an API test and got 450 and 589 with my hanna. As of now I'm inclined to believe my API test.

I should check with the RSP too because I did do a WC yesterday.