47 year old tank

sen5241b

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I was thinking about that but would probably crash my phone if I tried it. :why:

Why can't I just right click and post something like virtually every other site on Earth?  I am so confused. :cry:

I am so excited.  I went to Home Depot where I am 4 or 5 times a day and I needed some tools.  I have all DeWalt tools and when I got them they were American.  Then they went to China which I have a very hard time even looking at.  But my friend talked me into buying a couple of Ryobi tools which are all made in China and I cringe when I use them.  
But now DeWalt tools are made in America so I can get rid of my Ryobi stuff and again get American tools.  I also got a battery that I can use on my older DeWalt tools.
I also went for boots last week and figured I would buy Timberland which also used to be made in America.  Nope, no more, all Chinese so I will have to walk around barefoot. :eek:

I've never used the web interface. If you look in the (potential) boxes for formatting, sometimes there's a paste from word box. You can also try switching to html view. There's no good reason why it shouldn't work the normal way but here's possible work arounds...

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Right click - paste as text. The software may not like the font/formatting if you're trying to copy from another document.

Invision's software is just one of many standard forum software products out there with a large installed base. The other forums may be using other products (likely).

10 minutes ago, paul b said:

OK I need one of you guys to come here and physically show me how to do that.  I will buy lunch. :biggrin:

Paul, if you had a remote desktop capability, I could take a look and (with luck) work on it (your computer) first hand without taking you up on the lunch offer. Though I admit it would be cool to come up for a visit and see you both. Maybe even bring back some pod-rich mud or a few clams. :)  Anyway, I remote into my folks' and my youngest daughter's machines regularly to provide help. It could be a one-shot thing: Install it, get support, remove it. Just PM me if you want to try that. It shouldn't be so much different, but with changes in operating systems, browsers, and the forum's underlying code, it may not all play the same as it did before. We used to have a variety of customizations in what was a stock product, but the downside of that was that we were reluctant to keep up with updates and eventually were running a product that was obsolete and was no longer being supported. That included not receiving security patches. We're running 100% stock now.

3 hours ago, AlanM said:

You could probably go to teamviewer.com to do remote desktop for free. 8)

3 hours ago, maevepotter said:

Second team viewer.

Yep. That's what I use with other family members.

This computer was just "remote viewed" by a Geek friend who had to fix it because it crashed and I am reluctant to do it again because it seems so delicate, sort of like people view copperband butterflies.  

I will live with it for now but I post a lot of things on a lot of sites, I just can't put them here.  And what is weirder is that if I go and try to right click and paste here, the computer loses the post and I have to go back to someplace else where I linked it from and do it again.  Then I just skip this forum because it is just too much trouble.  I can post text and sometimes pictures work.  I know it's me as I am old and after a certain age, computers don't work which is why us Geezers go senile.  It's a conspiracy. :drink:

Yesterday my good friend gave me 2 dragon faced pipefish. (OK, my very Best friend, He reads this thread and I don't want to dent his feelings) I have had them before and really love them because they look kind of like me. (Hello Andy)
But they are much bigger than any dragon pipefish that I have ever seen and they are hungry. Of course they don't eat anything I have on hand so I started hatching brine shrimp again, something I have not done since I moved here. These pipes are much to big and I know I won't be able to supply enough food for them and I should have only taken one. I really have way to many fish and will have to start thinking of better ways to keep the water fairly clean because I have to feed so much. In a couple of weeks I will be getting my knee replaced so I won't be able to collect water. I also don't want my new knee getting rusty in the sea. I opted for a cheap knee made of cast iron.

My elevator is coming today so I won't have time for a while to collect water and the surf is high now, not that I am a snowflake but if I backed my car up to the sea, it would get washed away.

Make believe there is a picture here of very rough water or better yet, a huge pipefish with an accountant in his mouth.   Oh no, a Supermodel who just finished an M&M for lunch.  Yeah, That's it. 

Oh Wait, Today is Tuesday.  It works on Tuesdays!

Edited by paul b

Haha, knee rusting ... where else do you post? If it makes you feel any better, I used to be able to like posts on here and now the like button has disappeared. :ghosts:

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Last night I had to go to a Knee replacement class. No really!. You have to go to a class now for a knee. It's not like I never had a knee before, I have had 2 of them for almost 70 years and I know how to operate them.
Yes I know it is going to be painful and I shouldn't go bungee jumping for a couple of weeks and you can push the button on that pain relief thing all you want but it only dispenses a little morphine or LSD every ten minutes depending on how loud you are screaming.

They also don't use stitches now, they glue you together, I think they use that stuff we glue corals with, maybe they can give me some to take home.
They say I will also need a walker for a few days. They don't know that I am not a Sissy, Girly Man and I will pogo stick out of there.
Walkers after surgery are for Jibonies, Liberals and Snowflakes.

There were three of us in the class. Me, an Older Lady and a very old Asian gentleman who didn't speak English so I am not sure why he was there.
The Lady just kept asking questions about how ugly the scar was (I don't think she was going to wear a bikini any time soon) and if she could wear nail polish on her toes, and if she could, what color. She also asked a couple of questions about underwear and thats when I left.
I mean, Like Really! That is what you are concerned about!

I asked intelligent questions like when can I go SCUBA diving (we have a trip coming up) and when can I make it downstairs to feed my fish. Those are really the only two things I am concerned about :huh:

Good luck with the surgery, Paul. When are you scheduled to go in? You should handle it like taking your car to a mechanic (when you're not DIYing it, that is): Ask for them to return any parts that they take out. Maybe give them a mason jar with some formaldehyde in it. That should raise an eyebrow.

I already asked for my old knee.  I could make steam punk something out of it but they said I can't do that.  I figured it's my knee but what do I know.

This will be my 19th operation but they were all for Manly injuries and nothing silly like Carpal Tunnel syndrome or tennis elbow. 

These were like getting hit with a cro bar, falling down an elevator shaft, getting hit in the head with an I Beam,.  Things like that. :biggrin:

38 minutes ago, paul b said:

I already asked for my old knee.  I could make steam punk something out of it but they said I can't do that.  I figured it's my knee but what do I know.

This will be my 19th operation but they were all for Manly injuries and nothing silly like Carpal Tunnel syndrome or tennis elbow. 

These were like getting hit with a cro bar, falling down an elevator shaft, getting hit in the head with an I Beam,.  Things like that. :biggrin:

I understand. I've only had one "big" surgery - but they cracked my chest wide open for that one. Luckily I was asleep because I don't know what I would have done with my innards seeing my outards. :biggrin:

I had two fantastic, earth shattering posts to put here but no matter what I try.  I can't post them.  So just make believe I posted great stuff here.  Or forget about it and go out to dinner. :why:

Put it under your pillow and you might get a quarter, or whatever the going rate is. I wonder if that applies to implants, too. You think you'd get more, you know?