Rapid Led Aurora puck kits

reefbox

I've read good things about rapid LED, but I would think you could pick up some evergrows and save money. what are you trying to do with the 40B's ? frag tanks?

I couldn't be happier with my Rapid LED kits. I haven't tried the pucks but they're just combinations of the normal LED's they sell so they should still be good also.

I'll second the Rapid LED choice. I purchased all the stuff for my DIY kit from them and they are excellent. Can't speak for the puck though.

• 1 month later...

Digging up an old thread here, but I've used Rapid LED for all my DIY builds in the past and have been very happy.

I just ordered a dual Aurora kit, I'll post back with some results.

• 4 weeks later...

I got this ordered and built last week.  I've had a bunch of stuff come up so I really haven't been able to do a proper review.  Just as a quick thought, I really like it.  I should mention that after doing some reading, people seemed really unhappy in theory with them not having any warm whites.  I went ahead and ordered 3 extra warm whites and 3 extra UVs and strung them inline with the Whites and UVs on the pucks.  RapidLED was willing to bump the two ENL-60-27Ds to ENL-60-48Ds at no charge so it took no real extra efforts to wire them up.  Also, this solderless stuff is the bees knees!

My tank is 30x30x12, I have the fixture hung 21" over the waterline.  I run the UV and Color at 25% and Whites and Blues at 50% and the light is super nice.  Maybe a little warm for my personal tastes, but that could be attributed to the warm whites I added.  I really haven't had a ton of time to play with it and I don't want to shock the corals.  Everything is looking great.

So here's a quick pic of the fixture...I'll post up a more detailed review once I get a chance to goof around a bit....and also clean my tank some....it's a mess right now.

tOe3vjj.jpg

• 5 months later...

I got this ordered and built last week.  I've had a bunch of stuff come up so I really haven't been able to do a proper review.  Just as a quick thought, I really like it.  I should mention that after doing some reading, people seemed really unhappy in theory with them not having any warm whites.  I went ahead and ordered 3 extra warm whites and 3 extra UVs and strung them inline with the Whites and UVs on the pucks.  RapidLED was willing to bump the two ENL-60-27Ds to ENL-60-48Ds at no charge so it took no real extra efforts to wire them up.  Also, this solderless stuff is the bees knees!

My tank is 30x30x12, I have the fixture hung 21" over the waterline.  I run the UV and Color at 25% and Whites and Blues at 50% and the light is super nice.  Maybe a little warm for my personal tastes, but that could be attributed to the warm whites I added.  I really haven't had a ton of time to play with it and I don't want to shock the corals.  Everything is looking great.

So here's a quick pic of the fixture...I'll post up a more detailed review once I get a chance to goof around a bit....and also clean my tank some....it's a mess right now.

tOe3vjj.jpg

I just saw this. So, any updates on how the DIY kit did ?

• 2 months later...

Sorry for the super long delay.

All in all, I'm still really happy with the pucks.

Yes, I would say they are easy enough to wire.  The instructions are good, and if you use a Apex to control/dim thing work very well together.

I snapped a few quick photos, even though the tank is still a mess.  To be honest, I've been neglecting it for quite a while now...kind of at that put up or shut up point and still not sure what I want to do...but I digress...

Colors and growth are good, though I know I can mess with the levels to bring out a bit more color.  Over time I've bumped up the values to 35% and 60%, so there is still a ton of headroom to go.  The photos don't really do the lighting justice, and they are also ramping down due to the hour.

Album here - http://imgur.com/a/VgK2c