DuffyGeos 300g DT & 8 TANK FISH ROOM

THey can't play Xbox? Child deprivation!!!!

Life is tough, That is why I don't care that much. :laugh:

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Life is tough, That is why I don't care that much. :laugh:

I didn't get my first TV console gaming system tlll I was 28 years old. I still have my original GameBoy and Tetris cartridge though!

If life slows down any, give me a call and I'll swing by and snap some photos for you, keep the wife from getting upset. She will love it when you've got it up and running and the fruits of your labors are finally being reaped.

I didn't get my first TV console gaming system tlll I was 28 years old. I still have my original GameBoy and Tetris cartridge though!

If life slows down any, give me a call and I'll swing by and snap some photos for you, keep the wife from getting upset. She will love it when you've got it up and running and the fruits of your labors are finally being reaped.

I have never owned one, Xbox for my kids was the first. I had to go to an arcade to play Galaga when I was a kid. Man I was good! :cool:

That would be great! Are you able to post them in my gallery...Mr Moderator? Give me a day or so to clean up. I will text you about times. Thanks

That would be great! Are you able to post them in my gallery...Mr Moderator? Give me a day or so to clean up. I will text you about times. Thanks

Sounds good, you know how to reach me. As for posting them to your gallery, no, I'm going to take the time to show you how to use Photobucket. It's so easy a caveman could do it! And if you don't have time, or that doesn't work, I'll post them up here for you. Cheers!

untitled.jpg

John, How did you get my High School Yearbook picture?

Seriously, this is how I feel when it comes to anything with computer stuff where a file is involved. I have been spoiled with basically a full time computer programmer / secretary / wife who has made my life very easy starting 20 years ago when it comes to anything computer related. I ask, and it gets done. So I am little dense when it comes to anything I don't already know on a computer. So when it comes time for an Apex........I am not going to be happy. :mad:

John, How did you get my High School Yearbook picture?

Seriously, this is how I feel when it comes to anything with computer stuff where a file is involved. I have been spoiled with basically a full time computer programmer / secretary / wife who has made my life very easy starting 20 years ago when it comes to anything computer related. I ask, and it gets done. So I am little dense when it comes to anything I don't already know on a computer. So when it comes time for an Apex........I am not going to be happy. :mad:

Help you with the apex. I'm making kevin do the port forwarding. ... (which is a term for something to do with making stuff talk to each other outside of your house)

aquarium7043.png

Help you with the apex. I'm making kevin do the port forwarding. ... (which is a term for something to do with making stuff talk to each other outside of your house)

aquarium7043.png

I did too much Port forwarding Sat night. The Port went forward from the glass thru my lips and over my tongue...I was hung over the next day. :drink:

Stopped by Duff's this a.m. Very well planned and executed build but no chicken and waffles ready at arrival. That for the tour and welcome.

Stopped by Duff's this a.m. Very well planned and executed build but no chicken and waffles ready at arrival. That for the tour and welcome.

True, no chicken and waffles, I have to have a beach body in a couple weeks (yea, like that is going to happen :blink: ).

You were provided with fresh coffee......so you got that going for you....which is nice.

Good seeing you, no problem anytime.

Finally was able to get my little baby out of the sump and into a better tank, shut the 55g holding tank down and he is now in the future QT frag tank.

gallery_2633915_1398_102907.jpg

Container has few little scratches in it, so not the best pic, but this is his other side.

gallery_2633915_1398_23197.jpg

300g main DT is finally running and no leaks. It is also moving a fair bit of water. I will need to add some type of screens to keep the fish out.

gallery_2633915_1398_75636.jpg

left side of tank with the manifold and where the lines go to the frag tank and QT frag tank. I will need to do a little wire management down the road, just glad water is moving right now.

gallery_2633915_1398_135009.jpg

Here was one of the more difficult parts of the plumbing job. We had to run lines from the left side of the room to the DT side of the room. One return and one drain line for each frag tank. The goal was to get lines plumbed from all 4 holes in both tanks  all in a perfect row while working around a post, factoring in the pitch for drainage, have them come out one on top of each other in the right order so the bottom line would stop first, and so on. The drain line for the main frag tank had to drain into the main sump so its elevation controlled the heights of all the other pipes for the manifold and drain lines for the DT.......it took some time.  Where the one 20g tank is located I am putting in a stand for 3- 20g tanks stacked above each one.

I will tell you, if you have a plumbing problem get in touch with Rob (Zygote2k). It was a pleasure working with him and I think the end product turned out great. I went into this having never installed a bulkhead (yes that is correct) or knew what a lot of the speciality plumbing parts were. Now if you need to know what a 1-1/2" x 1" slip x slip reducer bushing is.....I am your man. :laugh:

gallery_2633915_1398_8011.jpg

Here was one of the more difficult parts of the plumbing job. We had to run lines from the left side of the room to the DT side of the room. One return and one drain line for each frag tank. The goal was to get lines plumbed from all 4 holes in both tanks  all in a perfect row while working around a post, factoring in the pitch for drainage, have them come out one on top of each other in the right order so the bottom line would stop first, and so on. The drain line for the main frag tank had to drain into the main sump so its elevation controlled the heights of all the other pipes for the manifold and drain lines for the DT.......it took some time.  Where the one 20g tank is located I am putting in a stand for 3- 20g tanks stacked above each one.

I will tell you, if you have a plumbing problem get in touch with Rob (Zygote2k). It was a pleasure working with him and I think the end product turned out great. I went into this having never installed a bulkhead (yes that is correct) or knew what a lot of the speciality plumbing parts were. Now if you need to know what a 1-1/2" x 1" slip x slip reducer bushing is.....I am your man. :laugh:

gallery_2633915_1398_8011.jpg

Looks good Duff ! Now while it is fresh in your mind stencil the plumbing and put flow directional arrows . ;)

Yay! Awesome to see that little prize again ;).  He's looking good!

He is growing, he looks much better from the side vs. the top view in a sump! I had to keep him from getting nipped by my other clowns

Looks good Duff ! Now while it is fresh in your mind stencil the plumbing and put flow directional arrows . ;)

Stencil?......I bought a label maker that prints arrows and writing, got to keep up the level of the build! :laugh:

Nice work :clap:

Thanks, finally getting there.

I'm excited for you. Great job with the build. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Thank you, it is my little diary of the build. It has actually helped a few times going back to look at some of the input or things like the fish list.

Happy Birthday to me, Happy Birthday to me, happy Birthday dear Tank Thread, Happy Birthday to me!

One year and it is up and running.........need sand, rock, fish and coral, but it is up and running :clap:

Happy Birthday to me, Happy Birthday to me, happy Birthday dear Tank Thread, Happy Birthday to me!

One year and it is up and running.........need sand, rock, fish and coral, but it is up and running :clap:

Lol...

And I would love it if it had all those things in it! Another year?