DuffyGeos 300g DT & 8 TANK FISH ROOM

Your fish room looks just fantastic. Wish I had skills like you!

Thank you for the complement Ryan. I am in the Design/Build business so I do this kind of stuff day in and day out. If you do something for 25 years it becomes a little easier.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you very much Motti! The real question is why have we not seen a picture of your system in 2 months! :ohmy:

FTS!, FTS!, :bounce: :bounce: we want a FTS!

Haha I was on a vacation for three weeks when I came back one of the power heads fell off and caused a spike in nitrates killing two fish.

Also those little Monti eating nudis manged to survive so when I came back 2 Monti caps were gone and I'm still trying to get rid of them by moving all of my montis to a QT tank. Lost another two in the process.

So thingsbeen a little tough for me haha

Will the QT frag tank run on a separate system from the grow out frag tank? Will the DT tank be on its own system or shared with the grow out frag tank?

Yes, the goal was to have that on it's own system so anytime I get corals they go in that tank for observation until I can run them through a series of dips and look at them through a magnifying glass.

Actually I will probably add one more small tank as a 1st stage QT tank. Then they will go in the QT tank all at one time for the dips, I can't add anything to that system once I start the QT process.

Once I feel they are all ready they will get put in the grow out tank until I decide they should really go in the DT. Once in there, I don't really want to move them again for 10 years +/- is the goal.

Right now I plan on running the grow out tank on the DT system. That will be the largest system and should be the most stable.

Haha I was on a vacation for three weeks when I came back one of the power heads fell off and caused a spike in nitrates killing two fish.

Also those little Monti eating nudis manged to survive so when I came back 2 Monti caps were gone and I'm still trying to get rid of them by moving all of my montis to a QT tank. Lost another two in the process.

So thingsbeen a little tough for me haha

Sorry to hear that. I hate those Monti eating Nudis, I have dipped one Monti in Bayer about 3 times and they keep coming back. This is why I want to QT the heck out of everything.

Everytime I think I've seen the best you put up more pictures Ken!!  Faaaannnnttasssssttiiiccccccc!!  

Saw the pic that casts above the two frag tanks and looks across room at the sink.  LOL.  That made me glad that I spent the extra time to make the "strip braced" tops on the frag tanks look extra neat and tight along with the edge rounding.  I still can't believe...even more now...after all these pics...that you went strip braced on the frag tanks =P.  Course they have got to be some of the best looking strip braced tanks around ;).  This is all what happens when you put two OCD people together =P HAHAHAHA!!

Absolutely loving it.  I must stop by again soon to see all this progress.  Haven't been to your place since before your tanks were done!

Everytime I think I've seen the best you put up more pictures Ken!!  Faaaannnnttasssssttiiiccccccc!!  

Saw the pic that casts above the two frag tanks and looks across room at the sink.  LOL.  That made me glad that I spent the extra time to make the "strip braced" tops on the frag tanks look extra neat and tight along with the edge rounding.  I still can't believe...even more now...after all these pics...that you went strip braced on the frag tanks =P.  Course they have got to be some of the best looking strip braced tanks around ;).  This is all what happens when you put two OCD people together =P HAHAHAHA!!

Absolutely loving it.  I must stop by again soon to see all this progress.  Haven't been to your place since before your tanks were done!

I am very happy how they turned out. The strip bracing really does not bother me, just another defense from fish jumping out! You know I need fish in the frag tanks :laugh:

Yea I love all the details, now you can see why I was so determined to have everything a certain way. They are not back in an unfinish storage room in my basement.

You are always welcome to stop by anytime, just let me know.

Thanks again for the beautiful tanks (all three), I don't think I would have changed anything if I did it again.

Just ordered my Outlaw paly / zoa safety package. Who would have thought that Home Depot would carry one?

9a818da2-db7d-4ef5-9f9a-2f4b73e1ffb1_100a3c276a8-ebb1-4194-aabb-71c10f8a6d18_100c2edbc09-c38b-4cd3-9668-80f80ac9fb0c_100

Between you and copps I thing we should have a wamas tank tour first of the year. This is incredible

(edited)

Between you and copps I thing we should have a wamas tank tour first of the year. This is incredible

I have seen Copps new setup........mine looks like a returned kiddie pool from Walmart next to his. :laugh:

Oh, and you probably want to have corals in it, unless you really want a "tank tour"

Edited by DuffyGeos

Paly / zoa kit came in today, good stuff!

Installed faucet in the sink, caulked the lip of the counter, pulled the paper off the bottom of the frag tanks, and finished the trim on the tank. Went with the white above the tank, and white below. I think that works best from seeing it yellow above vs. white above. It does make it pop out of the wall a little more. Good call Jack.

Awesome, looking forward to the outcome! I've been really busy lately but promise to take some time to visit when you're done...So ...see you next summer? :)

Awesome, looking forward to the outcome! I've been really busy lately but promise to take some time to visit when you're done...So ...see you next summer? :)

Hey, Hey ,Hey!  whoooaaa fella!  I am getting wet this weekend, time to test the tank.

You are welcome anytime.

Incredible Build!!!!

Thanks Gary, it will be even better once I get a &%#@* water storage tank in it!!!!! :why: :cry:

I might have to get a frag tank from ArtfullyAcrylic when I can afford one!

Very happy with what Adam built me.

Jack the white was the right choice....My wife says she thought of it first. :laugh:

So I said, "Yes honey, it was all your idea....thank you"

gallery_2633915_1398_30527.jpg

gallery_2633915_1398_98691.jpg

gallery_2633915_1398_24443.jpg

gallery_2633915_1398_80768.jpg

A few more artistic shots.......at least I like them. Someone need to clean that acrylic!

gallery_2633915_1398_58553.jpg

gallery_2633915_1398_61556.jpg

gallery_2633915_1398_24358.jpg

gallery_2633915_1398_55800.jpg

Picture of the finished counter top. The undermount utility sink is going to make life a little easier with maintenance. Lovin my new faucet that replaced the plastic one I got with the sink. Fridge works well for cold beer...I mean frozen fish food. :cool: Top picture also shows the two removable access panels (one above, and one below the counter. Top one goes to a 2' pipe that is used as a sleeve to run any pipe, hose, or wire that I need to get to the back wall of the frag tanks. The bottom one is for access to the sewer clean out. Refer to the first couple pages to see how they relate to the original room. That red pipe and white 4" PVC line are  now in the wall.

Check out the new "Paly Mask" :tongue:

gallery_2633915_1398_35524.jpg

gallery_2633915_1398_50825.jpg

Looks awesome, Ken!

I must say I am very happy with the outcome. Now I just need to figure out how to make the tank work as good as the room looks!

A few more pics after some touch ups. Paper off the bottom of the frag tanks, foam under frag tanks, larger frag tank is the grow out tank that will be tied into the main system. The smaller tank is the QT tank for corals. Still need to mount the RO/DI unit, electrical work will get finished on Wed.

Too busy today for stuff, but tomorrow I think I can get some mermaid shots of the family, then fill her up.

gallery_2633915_1398_49842.jpg

gallery_2633915_1398_80847.jpg

gallery_2633915_1398_70318.jpg

gallery_2633915_1398_38466.jpg