Take a bet

gmerek2

Just a fun little stupid wamas game. If the majority of wamas members guess the right answer then I will swallow a tiny magic black worm. Speculation encouraged and factual information/experiences please share. I bought an acro colony a week or two ago. The owner didn't have much info other than it may or may not color up in my system. I have it placed in low to moderate lighting medium flow near but not on sand bed. Polyps do not seem to have much extension. Owner pointed out slight tiny green on base Posted Imageedges. It takes a trained eye/angle to see. I did not test previous owners water parameters but other SPS looked excellent. I hope my water is cleaner or better lighting conditions and this colors up neat. But thinking this is a coral passed around with high hopes and disappointment. Should be a fun challenge. I'll post results in 4 months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It will color up if you keep your water quality consistent. FWIW, all my acros used to look like that :)

look man I cant wait 4 months, I hope it turns out to be the most beautiful coral you have ever seen, as long as you end up eating a worm, so can we just fast forward?

Nothing is colored up at all yet. That makes me sad and makes me want to feed all magic worms to fish. It is probably some extinct SPS.

Gotta give it a couple of MONTHS not weeks. And chances are the colors will only be in the new growth areas. See any new growth yet?

fastest way to see what its color will be is to take a frag....the new growth yuo force with the frag will start showing the new color alot quicker than the old coral......but what do i know.

fastest way to see what its color will be is to take a frag....the new growth yuo force with the frag will start showing the new color alot quicker than the old coral......but what do i know.

About corals... everything.

Gotta give it a couple of MONTHS not weeks. And chances are the colors will only be in the new growth areas. See any new growth yet?

none yet but putting on a tad more color around edges!

Posted ImagePosted Image

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'll frag a piece today. Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk