Birdnose Wrass For Sale

Guest njacobs

Guest njacobs

I bought him. He's healthy and eats a lot, but he's too big for my tank. I paid $89.00 for him. Will sell for discount. Please contact me at 202.321.2441. Thanks,

Nick

A little research is a good thing. This fish looks way cool, but I found the following info on it:

this is coming from the book called marine fishes by scott w. michael. it's a great book. max. length 11 in. minimum tank for an adult 100 gal. it eats meaty foods such as mysis,and brine shrimp and other kinds of frozen food.it says they are hardy. it says they are very active. it needs alot of swimming room as well as hiding places. males are green and females are brown. it will grab an enlongate prey fish in it's jaws and bash it against the substrate until it breaks into bit sized peices. it is a proficient jumper and will leap out of open tanks. like i said i love this book. hope this helps you.

Also saw that it likes to eat smaller fishes. Why would you buy a fish like this if you knew it would outgrow the tank and eat other fish? . . .

Guest njacobs
A little research is a good thing.  This fish looks way cool, but I found the following info on it:

this is coming from the book called marine fishes by scott w. michael. it's a great book. max. length 11 in. minimum tank for an adult 100 gal. it eats meaty foods such as mysis,and brine shrimp and other kinds of frozen food.it says they are hardy. it says they are very active. it needs alot of swimming room as well as hiding places. males are green and females are brown. it will grab an enlongate prey fish in it's jaws and bash it against the substrate until it breaks into bit sized peices. it is a proficient jumper and will leap out of open tanks. like i said i love this book. hope this helps you.

Also saw that it likes to eat smaller fishes.  Why would you buy a fish like this if you knew it would outgrow the tank and eat other fish?  . . .

50088[/snapback]

It was only 6 inches long. Looked like it would be a cool addition. no problems eating other fish, with the exception of my fire shrimp.

Guest njacobs
How big of a tank is it in now?

How big is it now?

How big is it projected to grow to?

s

50048[/snapback]

my tank is 65 gallons and the fish is about 6" long. All of the research I did said the male will max out at 7", but the other guy that replyed said 11". It is a cool looking fish, just don't put it in with a lot of shrimp.

Guest njacobs
How big of a tank is it in now?

How big is it now?

How big is it projected to grow to?

s

50048[/snapback]

Tank is 65 Gal, fish is 6". From what I have read it is supposed to grow to 7", but the other guy who replyed said 11". It is a male, meaning the green / blue. Good lucking fish. Loves to eat shrimp...