Back to Wamas with my better half

Hello...My name is Mike and my better half is Tomasa. We are looking forward to getting back to all the benefits of being a member of WAMAS.  I left a few years ago because of a broken leg but things are on the mend and I have Tomasa to thank for that.  She was a true gem!!!  We currently have a 125g with rock and fish, a few mushrooms and a cabbage coral.  The lighting we have is 3x250w MH and 4x39w T5's.  The tank is currently is in I need a little TLC please shape, so that is what Tomasa and I are going to do.  We are going to work towards getting some acro's in the tank, Tomasa really likes the LPS and actually already has some that she is watching in another tank :-).  She has been extremely excited to get the tank running and seeing how beautiful these tanks can be, she has gotten me excited about it again.  She is much better at taking pictures, and I know she wanted to do some before and after pictures, they will be coming soon.  I hope those that I have met before are doing well and look forward to meeting new members at socials, etc.  Already meet a member at BRK yesterday.  Yes, Tomasa knows you can't put a goldfish in a reef tank!!!  For the member we met yesterday.

HI Mike & Tomasa

Wonderful to have you back...you will see the club has grown exponentially since you were last here I am sure....which means more help, friends and lots and lots of equipment and corals!! There are also more LFS in the surrounding area now which is fantastic. We have our next meeting on April 5th..so get it on the calendar!!

Your 125 gallon is a great size and we will be looking for that build thread with the pictures so we can follow your journey back 

Welcome!

Yes, Tomasa knows you can't put a goldfish in a reef tank!!!  For the member we met yesterday.

LOL - the ONLY dumb question!   :tongue:   It was great meeting you both yesterday, and welcome back!  

Because of a broken leg But things are on the mend and I have Tomasa to thank for that

I am surprised you are still talking to Tomasa after she broke your leg. :rolleyes:

But welcome back and good luck with your tank.

Every time I got out of the hobby was because of a tank meltdown, never a broken leg.  I'll have to try that sometime.  Welcome back, I've found that each re-entry to the hobby is more serious than the last.

Welcome! Funny thing is that knee surgery is part of what caused me to get into reefing

thanks.....yeah i was hoping that i would be able to do some stuff but couldn't get out of the bed for awhile, i am glad Tomasa got me back into it

I am surprised you are still talking to Tomasa after she broke your leg. :rolleyes:

But welcome back and good luck with your tank.

yes, she is still in my life (thank goodness)...LOL...nice catch not how i intended it to come out but I got a good laugh out of it