SPS STN I cannot figure it out

jjenkins211

Chloramines should show up as ammonia in the system. Are you seeing this?

Chloromines convert to ammonia in the carbon block and good DI resin will remove the ammonia. Justin's filters were all six months old. I have called out water supplier in the past and confirmed that there is chloromines in our water. I gave him some new RODI filters to try out. He definitely has a phosphate problem as the hair algae and cyano are thriving. If it is coming from the source water, new DI resin should solve it. Vinegar can't be the problem because he wasn't dosing it when this started, I told him to do it to help control the nutrients as he was running a lousy skimmer. A lot of his corals are in my tank now and encrusting again and I dose roughly 45ml per day of vinegar.

Chloromines convert to ammonia in the carbon block and good DI resin will remove the ammonia. Justin's filters were all six months old. I have called out water supplier in the past and confirmed that there is chloromines in our water. I gave him some new RODI filters to try out. He definitely has a phosphate problem as the hair algae and cyano are thriving. If it is coming from the source water, new DI resin should solve it. Vinegar can't be the problem because he wasn't dosing it when this started, I told him to do it to help control the nutrients as he was running a lousy skimmer. A lot of his corals are in my tank now and encrusting again and I dose roughly 45ml per day of vinegar.

Unless you have a dedicated chloramine filter, only 1 micron or less carbon blocks can take out chloramines. Cheapo 5 microns will not.