Power Out

Derson21

No water made yet, just got the tank back up and running. Going to get some going now.

Chuck, Hahahaha. not only the fridge but hair dryers, flat iron, iPad charger, this thing sold itself! Now if it could only help me get a shower!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If your tank is having a temperature problem still be careful pumping the cold water change water in! Why does power outage call for water change? 

If your tank is having a temperature problem still be careful pumping the cold water change water in! Why does power outage call for water change? 

Yeah! I don't think you need to do a water change...don't see any reason for it!

Unless, you're one of those fortunate one that your significant other also into reefing, you will need all the excuse you can get!  :laugh:

It wouldn't be a bad idea to have saltwater made. There could be a little die off, but I doubt it will be much. I would try to hold off for a day or so just to allow the saltwater a chance to mix well. Everything you have should be pretty forgiving.

Does the generator have a thingamajig to make sure it produces clean power for sensitive aquarium equipment?

Um what's a thingamajig

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think its close to a whatchamacallit, thingmabob, doodad, doo hickey and or but not limited to a whatsit

An auto power inverter can keep a small pump running (and a heater?) .

Depends on how many watts the inverter is rated for and how many watts the equipment draws. But yes definetly. My mp40 draws less than 100 watts. Will last a long time on regular car battery