Great Meeting!

Origami

It didn't look like anybody had started this thread, but I wanted to thank everybody that came out yesterday.

We had over 100 people in the audience, a great selection of vendors, and raffle items up the ying-yang. A lot of people walked home winners yesterday. Thanks to our sponsors for making such a great giveaway possible. Please support them every chance that you can.

Thank you to all of you that made it out. I hope that you saw good friends and took something good home with you.

I want to also thank Keri O'Neil for making the last-minute trek up to DC from her sunny (and much warmer) situation in Ft. Lauderdale. Because our original speaker was suddenly unable to travel due to an ear problem, Keri agreed and made her arrangements to be with us last Tuesday night. It was a great talk and enjoyed by all, it seemed. Also, thanks to Dave Lin for helping us call the audible. He's the one that arranged to get Keri to us on such short notice.

Another thanks needs to go out to Scott Friedman (Scott711) for helping to get us the venue. We've often had problems with space in MoCo schools and, while this time was no exception, when we found out that we didn't have a key to lower the projection screen from the ceiling, he ran home and got a white sheet that was rigged up to be an adequate substitute. I should probably change your screen name to McGyver, but as a new officer, you'd probably just change it back.

Thank you to AlanM who brought the Rocklands barbeque. Mmmmmm. 'nuf said. There were others that brought food and desserts along, too. I didn't catch all of you, but you know who you are! Thank you.

Thanks to Doug Arthur (dbartco), outgoing WAMAS President, for putting together a well thought out and well presented annual report. Thank you for 4 years of leadership as President and your many years before as an officer and volunteer.

Thanks to Brian Ward, outgoing WAMAS Treasurer, for your service these last 4 years. I know that the last 1-1/2 were crazy for you with all the traveling to client sites, getting married, and having a child. You've got your priorities straight when you keep your family centered. Good luck in all you do.

Congratulations to Scott Friedman (Scott711), incoming WAMAS Treasurer. I have great faith in your ability to handle the job. I'll work with you and Brian to get it transitioned smoothly.

Congratulations also to Jenn Vickrey (sachabballi reef), our incoming Membership Director. I've held the role for a bit more than 4 years and I've found it both demanding and very satisfying. Of all the Officers jobs, it's one that I think is closest to the members in the direct service that it provides. I hope that you find it the equally rewarding.

Thank you Scott and Hilary for sticking around to see clean up through. You're aces.

Thanks for making it an amazing first meeting wamas and venders!! And wow that pork was worth my yearly membership fee alone! Thanks AlanM!

A thanks to all the officers again for throwing this together. Alan, the BBQ was above and beyond, thanks! I don't think I've ever seen so many raffle items, which means ditto to what Tom said on the sponsors part, nothing short of thankful.

It didn't look like anybody had started this thread, but I wanted to thank everybody that came out yesterday.

We had over 100 people in the audience, a great selection of vendors, and raffle items up the ying-yang. A lot of people walked home winners yesterday. Thanks to our sponsors for making such a great giveaway possible. Please support them every chance that you can.

Thank you to all of you that made it out. I hope that you saw good friends and took something good home with you.

I want to also thank Keri O'Neil for making the last-minute trek up to DC from her sunny (and much warmer) situation in Ft. Lauderdale. Because our original speaker was suddenly unable to travel due to an ear problem, Keri agreed and made her arrangements to be with us last Tuesday night. It was a great talk and enjoyed by all, it seemed. Also, thanks to Dave Lin for helping us call the audible. He's the one that arranged to get Keri to us on such short notice.

Another thanks needs to go out to Scott Friedman (Scott711) for helping to get us the venue. We've often had problems with space in MoCo schools and, while this time was no exception, when we found out that we didn't have a key to lower the projection screen from the ceiling, he ran home and got a white sheet that was rigged up to be an adequate substitute. I should probably change your screen name to McGyver, but as a new officer, you'd probably just change it back.

Thank you to AlanM who brought the Rocklands barbeque. Mmmmmm. 'nuf said. There were others that brought food and desserts along, too. I didn't catch all of you, but you know who you are! Thank you.

Thanks to Doug Arthur (dbartco), outgoing WAMAS President, for putting together a well thought out and well presented annual report. Thank you for 4 years of leadership as President and your many years before as an officer and volunteer.

Thanks to Brian Ward, outgoing WAMAS Treasurer, for your service these last 4 years. I know that the last 1-1/2 were crazy for you with all the traveling to client sites, getting married, and having a child. You've got your priorities straight when you keep your family centered. Good luck in all you do.

Congratulations to Scott Friedman (Scott711), incoming WAMAS Treasurer. I have great faith in your ability to handle the job. I'll work with you and Brian to get it transitioned smoothly.

Congratulations also to Jenn Vickrey (sachabballi reef), our incoming Membership Director. I've held the role for a bit more than 4 years and I've found it both demanding and very satisfying. Of all the Officers jobs, it's one that I think is closest to the members in the direct service that it provides. I hope that you find it the equally rewarding.

Thank you Scott and Hilary for sticking around to see clean up through. You're aces.

Thanks Tom,  I am happy to help!

Thanks to all the vendors who donated raffle prizes. I walked away with five, wow. I was a little slow, but wanted to pass on a few for the benefit of others. Next time I'll bring a coral, or two, for the raffle. Specifically I wanted to thank Marine Scene, Petland, and New Era Aquaculture.

It was a fun meeting! It was nice to finally put some faces to the screennames and it was crazy how many people I seemed to know even though it was my first time going to one. I guess I should stop buying stuff so much haha.

Thank you, everyone for all the hard work. We really enjoyed coming to the meetings, meeting new members and seeing old ones we have met the last couple of months. Looking forward to the socials this year also.

Great meeting and nice to have one close to home. Thank you to all the vendors. 

First time I've been to one, just ran in to pick up some frags I ordered. Pretty cool. That was one big darn load of reef crystals parked out front. 

I missed the meeting, again, but congrats to all of the new officers and thanks to the outgoing for a great job!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Next time can we get a meeting place that has NO SPEED CAMERA's..... :blast:

wish i coulda gotten there sooner but was still good times as usual

Which one did you get caught at?  There are several :)

GREAT....ill let yuo know how many in a month or two...haha. i think i got nabbed on the one that goes from 40-30...(came from 95) first time i cussed in front of the little one in a while.