Dancing Scallop

Derson21

I'm assuming you mean a flaming scallop...they are very good dancers though...

I've always had a hard time keeping them alive...but I have managed to kill most things in this hobby so I am not a great point of reference,lol

I believe they need to be fed phytoplankton ....

Mines been great from quantum since their grand opening, so.. 6months? I don't do much special, but hear they need extra attention? I don't give it, fwiw.

They "dance" when they are trying to find a spot that suits them. Since they don't have legs they use jet propultion to move around haphazardly. usually has to do w finding the right flow ime. once it settles down it's best to leave it alone. chances are it might settle into an area that isn't very condusive to viewing it but it knows what conditions are most suitable. it being able to select its own placement will be critical to giving it any chance at survival long term (over a year). even if you feed it the perfect diet, if it can't consume because the flow is wrong it won't last long. My friend has had one for a year and a half. she thought it had died when it disappeared and didn't even know she still had it until she moved rocks around a few months ago and there it was totally out of sight but happy. they are beautiful...

It is probably related to the Flame but it's tentacles are more brown/tan and no electric luminescence.

It seems to wedge itself into a good spot and opens up all day but then moves in the evening.  I'll try to get some video of it on the move.