30% off for us at Coral connection this weekend!!!

dgasmd

Well, Coral Connection had put a small post in the CMAS site and I though I pass it on here. They have a 15% off sale on all livestock this weekend. I spoke with them a few minutes ago and they are also throwing in the WAMAS discount on top of that, which makes it a total of 30% on livestock only.

I may swing by tomorrow and see what frags I can ****** for my tank. Have never been there though and have no connection to them. I just figured people my take advantage of it. Usual legal disclaimer applies here. :p

Alberto

Cool- I was there yesterday and picked up a nice colony.  They were getting a shipment in, so there should be quite a bit to choose from.  He will also be having a large shipment for our get together in a couple weeks if you can't make it this weekend.  See my other announcement if you need directions.

Am I to understand there is actually a store in the area that sells SPS corals???  And they actually have some in the store to look at????  What is the world coming to?

I was at Coral Connection tonight and actually the discount is not 30%.  The discount is 15% and he said since it was already posted on the WAMAS site that he would add the 10% WAMAS discount on top for a total of 25%.  He actually did not seem real thrilled but said he would honor that.  As for SPS corals there was a decent selection of frags and small colonies with a few larger colonies.  Also had a few nice clams.

Scott

I was the one that posted originally. I actually saw the post on the CMAS site and called and asked about the discount. I was told over the phone 15% off and that he would honor the discount, which I was told then was 15% for a total of 30% off. I did go to the store yesterday and the discount was only 10% as you pointed out. I don't understand if you implied that he was upset he has to honor the club discount and not make more money off the sales. I say this because I actually found out about it through his post on a club's post.

In any case, the guy was extremely nice and helpful. He had lots of frags, which is the only thing I will personally buy and he was even willing to sell me a tiny frag of a colony he had since I was not interested in buying the entire thing. Will definately come back when he has a larger selection even if the sales (just the club's discount) discount is not there.

Didn't really mean to imply anything.  I just didn't want guys to go down expecting a 30% discount.  As for whether he was upset or not I really cant say.  I have been in a few times talking to him and we get along pretty good.  When he was complaining about the 25 or 30% discount he was kinda joking but you know there is always some truth in a joke.  All in all he seems like a really good guy so  Iam sure it is not a big deal.

I can tell you he did complain to me about WAMAS club members (he mentioned no names) who would meet at his store for trades and not actually buy anything.  Don't know how often this has occurred but I probably would not meet at a LFS for trades and then not buy anything.

I can tell you he did complain to me about WAMAS club members (he mentioned no names) who would meet at his store for trades and not actually buy anything.  Don't know how often this has occurred but I probably would not meet at a LFS for trades and then not buy anything.

Heck, I would be upset about that too! That I would think is a no no, especially in someone's store that is trying to be supportive of the club and hobby. I mean, he still needs to make bussiness and make sales to pay bills. I think it is great he is allowing the get together at the store and bringing in a shipment of corals with the meet in mind. I hope people have the common decency to not bring corals to trade with others. If you want to trade him some I would think it is OK, but with others I would think it is crossing the line. Maybe that can be done at the regular WAMAS meeting.

Guest Scott324
I think the situation should be clarified a little bit.  I believe he is referring to me and two other club members.  They are welcome to chime in, but shall remain nameless.  We met there and looked around the shop for about 10-20 minutes.  We then went out in the parking lot and traded corals and talked some more.  I don't think using the parking lot is that big of a deal.  If he wants, next time we'll go somewhere else and not even stop by the store to possibly buy something.  It just so happens, that when we traded, the meeting at the location for the club was also set up.  I think this will probably make the guy some cash, so he shouldn't be to dissapointed.  I guess I just gave away one the traders, oh well.  I can understand if we brought the items into the store and traded there, but the parking lot should be fair game, especially since its in a stripmall.  The guy seemed pretty cool while we were there and I hope this doesn't bring any negative feelings towards the club.  Just my .02.

I would not make too much of it.  I just thought it was worth posting.  I know that the guy at Coral Connection is a nice guy but he is also running a business.  Having a pet store is tough but being a salt water only store makes that even tougher.  I just think that if you are going to use his store as a meeting place it should not be just to trade stuff.  

Like I said he is a nice guy and I am sure he will be supportive of WAMAS I just think we should support him as well.  I have been in a few times and bought at least a few frags each time.

I was one of the others who met in the parking lot with scott... One thing about Leon is that he is sarcastic as h*ll- 75% of what he has said to me has been in sarcasm.  If he had a problem with it, I wish he would have spoken to me.  We will clarify if this bothers him or not- I did buy a colony from him when I was in there, and would not have stopped by at that time otherwise.  Heck on my end all I was doing was giving someone a stir plate and getting some greenwater cultures.  

I feel we are doing quite a lot to support his store and letting people know the place has turned around- which is why I like people to let him know if they heard about the store through us.  

Michael

Michael,  

I did not really want to start a big issue over this, maybe I should have not mentioned it.  Since I have mentioned it I really don't think it is a big deal, as you said Leon is pretty sacrcastic.

The 25% issue I told him I would post, the comment about his complaining was totally from me and not from Leon so take it for what it is worth.

I will tell you that he seemed pretty happy about the meeting that we have scheduled at his store on the 26th.

Guest tgallo
hey guys. leon just purchased the store about 4 months ago, and yes he really is a nice guy. also  wich is rare, he loves what he does. i wouldent feel rite trading frags in his store or in his parking lot. he said that hes getting a shipment in from walt smith for the meeting where having there i think thats great. premo stuff i hope. wich in turn will fetch a primo price, but you get what you pay for. :D

As far as Leon's prices, they are very reasonable, IMO- though this is totally a subjective thing I guess.  The corals he has been getting have been very colorful, and in good health from what I've seen.  He can also tell you how long the fish have been in the store, which is real helpful, and he even nursed a blue spotted jawfish back to health.

I will second what Michael said.  Leon has been getting some colorful corals in and his prices are reasonable.  I have gotten several frags from Coral Connection and all have done well except 1.  Of course the 1 frag that did not do well was the nicest but that is how it goes.  Since I live way out in the sticks (Frederick) it is nice to have someplace reasonably close that even has stonies.