APEX firmware 4.30

javelin911

I just did the update over wifi. Worked perfectly and faster than using Ethernet. I just upgraded to the new MBP retina and the new Airport Extreme. Wifi update was a breeze. I guess they don't recommend it because it can become an issue for people without a reliable wireless connect or crappy router. You should just give it a go if you have a decent router. Hope this helps.

I tried updating over wifi with the apex plugged into a small airport express which is being used to extend my network. This didn't work. So I tried plugging the apex directly to the AirPort Extreme and it worked flawlessly. Thanks for the tip. I think the key here is to connect the apex directly to your main router, and then you can still update over wifi.

Ryan, any luck with the messed up channel?

Nope. It appears to be a problem with the outlet itself, and not a software issue. Was hoping this might kick it on, but it didn't.

Neptune has offered to fix it free of charge. I just lose the EB8 for a few days, and pay for shipping to Neptune. They'll pay for shipping for the return.

I tried updating over wifi with the apex plugged into a small airport express which is being used to extend my network. This didn't work. So I tried plugging the apex directly to the AirPort Extreme and it worked flawlessly. Thanks for the tip. I think the key here is to connect the apex directly to your main router, and then you can still update over wifi.

Awesome! I forgot to mention that mine is connected directly to my router. Glad it worked for you.

Nope. It appears to be a problem with the outlet itself, and not a software issue. Was hoping this might kick it on, but it didn't.

Neptune has offered to fix it free of charge. I just lose the EB8 for a few days, and pay for shipping to Neptune. They'll pay for shipping for the return.

Hope they can get your be-8 back quickly. I'm thinking about buying another just to have in case something like that happens.

Hope they can get your be-8 back quickly. I'm thinking about buying another just to have in case something like that happens.

10% off this Friday on Neptune products at some LFS.

I just did this firmware update.  I did it without connecting it to my router by following the instructions and using my laptop locally connected.  Worked just fine.

I also discovered that my netgear bridge device was flatlined.  Turns out a power outtage caused the firmware to be corrupted (What?) so I had to tftp the image file over and let it do its thing.  Long story short tho... it works again!  Unfortunately, it gives me no confidence in its ability to keep working while I'm out of town.

i haven't upgraded....fear is a powerful thing...everything works perfectly and since its not the "big" upgrade I am not seeing any reason to mess with it yet

i haven't upgraded....fear is a powerful thing...everything works perfectly and since its not the "big" upgrade I am not seeing any reason to mess with it yet

There's nothing to fear!  Just do it.  Then, when their cloud app appears... you are set. Instead of scrambling to get it done it'll be smooth as butter.

• 2 weeks later...

I have been using 4.3 for a while now, no issues. From the notes I read it has to be done on the wire.

I upgraded to 4.3 about 2 weeks ago. The regular flash went fine, but I had trouble updating the web pages (second flash) on one computer, so I switched to another and it worked fine. Windows was having some sort of problem. Not sure what was up with that.

I upgraded. Went smooth for the most part.

The upgrade would not validate from the first computer so I used a second computer and it went quick and smooth.

I believe it was a connection problem with the first computer.

Now if only we could get fusion up and running...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

ok I have a IMAC and a router hooked up to Time Capsule, Apex hooked up with actiontec to router. can i do it wirelessly? how do i get this done with out buying a 50ft cable?

ok I have a IMAC and a router hooked up to Time Capsule, Apex hooked up with actiontec to router. can i do it wirelessly? how do i get this done with out buying a 50ft cable?

Neptune says (and in the firmware update instructions) that it must be connected via cable not wireless. I'm sure others have done it wireless and prob worked. I did mine by cable and had 0 problems at all during or since.

Hit me up bud, I can cable you a cord as long as you need, plenty of CAT 5 over here.

Hey sublime do you think you can hook me up with a 12ft cable?

Pm on the way

I just upgraded to 4.31. There appears to be some changes to the functionality for the "If SUN" and If MOON" commands to accommodate seasonal dimming. No documentation on the new functionality yet but I am hopeful since they could not have made it any harder.