Brad's 18" Rimless Cube | Powered by Nanobox

brad908

wow great!!..

is ADA store next to JAPAN TOwn?

I am visiting there for 2 weeks on April..i am going to check out there..any other fish shop there?~

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(edited)

We are taking different directions... thought it would be the other way around.

Just don't want the stress of an SPS tank right now. Really digging all the movement of the LPS.

wow great!!..

is ADA store next to JAPAN TOwn?

I am visiting there for 2 weeks on April..i am going to check out there..any other fish shop there?~

Yes, it is in Japan town. It is the only fish store I go to in the city. For saltwater stuff, I go to Neptune Aquatics, but it is down near San Jose.

Edited by brad908

We are taking different directions... thought it would be the other way around.

move over bacon...

I think Jack might be your replacement...

move over bacon...

I like bacon.

Master Brad has been there done that w/ reefs. He needs a new challenge. Good luck sensei. :)

I like bacon.

Master Brad has been there done that w/ reefs. He needs a new challenge. Good luck sensei. :)

move over bacon...

Not sure I follow...

Big update in about 2 weeks!

Here Isaac. Took this to send to my wife.

B858A66A-F554-49A1-8C18-7098996D4C72_zps

As good as it gets till I order from Richard.

Dude, that looks way nicer than what was up before. I best not show Andrea, she will want one. How many hours that end up taking you?

Dude, that looks way nicer than what was up before. I best not show Andrea, she will want one. How many hours that end up taking you?

If you add in all the trips to Home Depot...a ton lol

I don't have anything to cut wood with.

But if you have all the tools, no more than a few hours. And there are only 6 or 7 actuall holes in the drywall, rental friendly!

I still have to finish the very bottom, but it has power outlets and such and I've been lazy.

(edited)

Just realized I never shared with this forum the wood wall

Here are some old picture

1EADB916-653E-4888-AB68-A0B61E00AC08_zps

F67EDC13-6969-4D51-B1FF-994E75ACFE0D_zps

Edited by brad908

brad i like the wall sir - super clean looking with the plants and entertainment center!

Thanks!

Very cool! I've been wanting to do something similar with some barn wood at my other house....now I think I have convinced my husband...after him seeing how easy you did yours,,,(I will just not remind him my wall goes up 23 ft,lol)

Very cool! I've been wanting to do something similar with some barn wood at my other house....now I think I have convinced my husband...after him seeing how easy you did yours,,,(I will just not remind him my wall goes up 23 ft,lol)

Thanks. Definitely a pretty quick and easy project that adds a lot to a room.

That looks really nice. Are the plants hanging on the wall real?

Thanks. Plants are fake, will be switched for real ones when we have guests over.

Are those Polk VM10's?

Just an Onkyo HTIB

Thanks. Plants are fake, will be switched for real ones when we have guests over.

Is that what married life is like, Brad? Because it sounds exhausting.

But seriously, loving that wall.

Is that what married life is like, Brad? Because it sounds exhausting.

But seriously, loving that wall.

I actually wanted little terrariums, and she wanted fake plants. Compromise....for now.

Everything looks great. The wood wall is awesome.... definitely looking forward to seeing the reef but you are soooo tempting me with that FW setup. I left freshwater behind 10 years ago and I see things have changed quite a bit. 

Looks awesome. I love the freshwater updates. Don't listen to Isaac, he's got a one track mind. 

GREAT looking wall! This would get pinned all over the place on pinterest.  What kind of wood is that exactly? and the stain? 

Thanks. The wood is just the cheapest boards they have, I think it is pine? 1 inch thick. I believe the stains were Minwax : Special Walnut and Provincial. I can confirm tonight.

Everything looks great. The wood wall is awesome.... definitely looking forward to seeing the reef but you are soooo tempting me with that FW setup. I left freshwater behind 10 years ago and I see things have changed quite a bit. 

Looks awesome. I love the freshwater updates. Don't listen to Isaac, he's got a one track mind. 

Thanks! I am really enjoying the planted tank. Things will definitely get more challenging once I add water, but looking forward to it.

Love the wall Brad, such a difference it makes.  The small terrarium idea is brilliant.....

Thanks!

Mini Tide NanoBox with Coralux Storm X controller is now over the planted! The Storm X is a nice upgrade from the Storm.

E8C7F8A9-045F-4DA4-AC87-B61AA69BA153_zps

Looks good, Brad! Forgive me for my ignorance on planted/freshwater tanks but will there be a filtering system on this or is that the plants?

Looks good, Brad! Forgive me for my ignorance on planted/freshwater tanks but will there be a filtering system on this or is that the plants?

Thanks. Yes, there will be a filtering system once I flood the tank. I will be using lily pipes, an in-line 200w Hydor heater, and Eheim 2213 canister filter.

Wow Brad, tank looks great!  Once you figure out it's quirks, you'll love the Eheim filter, they have been around forever, workhorses.  If you ever get tired of cleaning those lily pipes, Eheim puts out "installation kits" which replace the ugly green pipes with smoke grey ones.  I just installed then on my 75g, what a difference, especially with a black background.  

The plants in the very front, are they Staurogyne Repens?