Ed's 180 rebuild

Shoelace

LOL. You two are hilarious...

Ed and I exchanged emails this morning. Life has been really busy lately so he hasn't been able to put a lot of time into the tank.

I'm sure he will chime in. I mentioned that you two were begging for an update!

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL. You two are hilarious...

Ed and I exchanged emails this morning. Life has been really busy lately so he hasn't been able to put a lot of time into the tank.

I'm sure he will chime in. I mentioned that you two were begging for an update!

tell him isaac and I are hijacking

if he doesn't post by tomorrow at noon this thread is ours....   baaaa haaaaaa haaaaaa 

Thanks for letting us know he's ok. Sometimes I worry about what will happen if I get I to an accident, or worse. What really troubles me is that my fiancé would sell everything for the $20 each that it all is when it goes in...

Anyways, 24 hour count starts now!

• 4 weeks later...

Ok, Ed, we gave you WAY more time than we should have....

I'm kinda worried that he hasn't checked in..anyone heard from him?

Ryan mentioned last time we were asking that he had talked to him that morning, he's just super busy!

I emailed him earlier today before Isaac's post just to check in.  Will let you know if I hear anything back, and encourage him to post an update if he can.

Tell him Isaac is running out of space in his build thread and is going to take Eds over soon....

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

OMG, I feel like a putz.  You guys were checking up on me  :wub:

So yeah, life got wicked busy.  I actually took over my Kung Fu school up here in Columbia.  Needless to say, it was a whirlwind with so much drama that comes with any transfer of leadership.  I knew that I could not dedicate the time.  Sooo...

My few SPS frags kicked the bucket.  The softies have been hanging on.  I grew a lot of chaeto, ran the skimmer, and changed the water every couple of months.  I lost a couple of fish, but all in all, things survived the prolonged life support hibernation pretty well.  Now I've got the itch again since things have settled down.  What I can say is that my tank is pretty well cycled, LOL.

One amazing thing is that a snail found it's way into my outflow siphon.  The backup mechanisms on my retrofitted 180 Megaflow to Bean-Animal setup worked like a charm (for more than a week, haha).

I would like to apologize to Ryan (Orion) that I really dropped off the face of the earth and didn't get back to him.  It was more out of embarassment than anything else.  He's a great guy, and I feel bad, but my plate was just too full.

Hopefully, you all will take me back.  I'm going to start slowly thawing out of stasis.   :unsure:

Hmmm i suppose Isaac and i can allow you your thread back...we contemplated taking it over and making it a recipe blog....

Glad you are back...you were very missed!!

Hmmm i suppose Isaac and i can allow you your thread back...we contemplated taking it over and making it a recipe blog....

Glad you are back...you were very missed!!

You have alot of room to talk missy, where have you been?

Thanks guys.  I have been contemplating which direction to go.  The recipe blog is very tempting!!!  Unfortunately, I don't think I have the time for SPS.  If I get busy again and my parameters slide, I don't want to regret it.  Perhaps I will just go with a softie tank for now.

Thanks guys. I have been contemplating which direction to go. The recipe blog is very tempting!!! Unfortunately, I don't think I have the time for SPS. If I get busy again and my parameters slide, I don't want to regret it. Perhaps I will just go with a softie tank for now.

Just go Lps, you will be happier.

You have alot of room to talk missy, where have you been?

I am trying to remain mysterious LOL

Just go Lps, you will be happier.

I totally agree..very forgiving and relaxing to watch....

Haha.  Toys!  I haven't made a reef purchase in about a year so...

I got an AFS to make my life easier.

PB080008_zpse48e679d.jpg

And I changed from WP40's to RW8's.  The WP 40's in Else mode were just to crazy for the sand bed.  Also, If I go the softer route, I need to dial things back.  I think the RW8's provide just enough flow in the tank.  They do seem to have a wider pattern and it's really cool they synch up.

PB080005_zps8205449e.jpg

Has it been a year! Ed, better slow than fast! I still love it!

And I have absolutely nothing to show for a year's work  :clap: but here is a FTS anyways.  :laugh:

PB080011_zps8a439d72.jpg

Ed- Not sure if you remember me but I picked up a light from you back in Jan. - welcome back!

You tank still looks great. You were one of my inspirations when I saw your fish room. As promised, I started a little thread as you requested.

I really enjoy your photography and your set up, glad to hear it is still cooking along. Nice 10 month cycle! :laugh:

Ken

Wow, Ken, only 1885 posts later!  Good to talk to you again.

I think I might have a problem....but the first step is admitting it. So I got that going for me...which is nice. :rolleyes: