Joshifer

I'm not leaving before explaining myself because everyone is under the impression I'm a cry baby.

First I apologize for my behavior.

I only told two people this. I got into this hobby to alleviate depression and anxiety.

And it was working. I was taking the bad comments "with a grain of salt" as someone told me to.

But when two people ganged up on me at once. Both calling me a liar. it resurfaced things I suppressed from 20 years ago when I was a child getting ganged up on by kids and beaten and teased.

I don't talk to strangers. I don't get out much. I don't meet new people.

This forum changed all that. And i shocked myself. It was good medicine while it lasted.

But now i don't trust it at all anymore. In my mind the bad apples outweigh the good ones.

Thank you for being nice to me. I appreciate it.

I hope that you can try to focus on those that helped. It's unfortunate that you weren't treated with the respect you deserved. Honestly, a vast majority of people here are good people. Look at the number of members of WAMAS and compare that to the number you had trouble with. I can promise you most are rooting for you and want you to stay. Need to stand up to bullies, right? Crybaby never crossed anyone's mind.

I want to commend you on your integrity. You easily could have posted the names and messages from those being jerks, yet you didn't. Realize that it makes you better than them.

Honestly, I love the uncle's tank offer, the lysol cloth in the tank, seeing Nemo triumph through all his tribulations, and even the rubber nem. :-) It has me on the edge of my seat and I really don't want to lose those updates! :-)

Bad aggressive fish travel in schools. Im sure those individuals are being quarantined. They schooled up and singled you out of your school probably because of too many posts. And now you want to jump out the tank. i would just lay low and only post when your fish really need you to for the time being. Like you said hide under a piece of live rock. It works for less aggressive fish in tanks and will work for you here. Only come out for food or they will pick on ya bub

Joshifer, honestly i enjoyed your post and the people that dont like to see post all the time all they need to do is not look at your post, i don't know why anyone would give you a hard time for posting a lot, to me that only means that they were reading your post as well... Just my 2 cents.

Hope you stay and dont give those people the satisfaction of you leaving or for you to stop posting.

I think people in general get frustrated when new people come in asking for advice yet none of said advice is taken, then it's troll hunting we go. Some people come through here to turn a profit, some come with agendas. It's ultimately up to you how you want others to perceive you on the forums. This place has lots to offer, but you need to be resilient and weather the storms.

#1 rule in Reef is only bad things happen fast.

Pretty sad...  It's unfortunate that they chose you to go after. I personally love these "Keyboard Warriors"...." I'm finished I'm tierd of nasty messages and PMs telling me Im unfit to hold any life in my hands and its a miracle my children are alive." I wish a MF'ER would!!!

I would have asked them if their Mother's had any children that lived?!!?

#Bullyhunter

Edited by rebekwl

Why would you let a couple of arrogant a#$ holes run you from this forum? 99% percent of the people on here are great and very helpful. Some people are a little harsh with their comments and advice sometimes but take it with a grain of salt and march on!

Personally... I would have to repeat what someone else said...
 Just lay low.... and Post when you need to... Nonetheless, It does not mean that this has to be looked upon negatively. You can always build yourself up better, and stronger because of this...  Just Choose your own group... As you said.. You have made many new friends here already...

and I KNOW for fact, that You have gained Allot of knowledge in the short time you were here, by from what I read. It would be a shame to throw all that away...

Continue on the Path... and just Slow Down... Take some Time, Smell the Rose's ( or the Colorful Corals ;) )....
   Good Luck on your Decision...

Edited by TheyCallMeMr.703

I hope that you stay in the hobby.  Reefkeeping can be frustrating but is also incredibly satisfying.  There are a lot of members here on the forums like myself who do not post often but have been in the hobby for a long time (decades in some cases) I know most of those long time members are more than willing to help out a fellow hobbyist with sound advice.

The forums are what they are, you can take it all to heart or take it with a grain of salt.  If you really want sound advice find someone near you who has been in the hobby for a while and have them mentor you.  Looking to the forums is a great way to find a huge amount of information and ask questions for that I think WAMAS is an awesome resource.    This is a great hobby and sometimes there is no replacement for picking the brain of someone who has already made the mistakes and had the successes.   

Unfortunately internet anonymity sometimes brings out behavior that is less than desirable.  Forums such as this are generally not a good place to pour out your heart and get into personal matters.  Good luck with your tank.

Edited by SDBDRZ

Seriously?!? Josh do not leave do not lay low keep asking for info. Those of us that truly appreciate what WAMAS Is will stick with you thick and thin! Keep it up! With out newbies like us this hobby dies with the old guard

I think people in general get frustrated when new people come in asking for advice yet none of said advice is taken, then it's troll hunting we go. Some people come through here to turn a profit, some come with agendas. It's ultimately up to you how you want others to perceive you on the forums. This place has lots to offer, but you need to be resilient and weather the storms.

#1 rule in Reef is only bad things happen fast.

I listen and hang to every piece of advice given and compare it with other advice. And never do anything until I'm sure. And you sir are the equivalent to human sand paper. I would appreciate you no longer replying or even reading what I have to say since your only interested in showing your MANY MANY MANY years of experience in a threatening manner. I tried being nice it doesn't work with you.

I'm not sure if there is an ignore feature on this forum, but if there is, you can put the people you don't want to hear from on it.

I listen and hang to every piece of advice given and compare it with other advice. And never do anything until I'm sure. And you sir are the equivalent to human sand paper. I would appreciate you no longer replying or even reading what I have to say since your only interested in showing your MANY MANY MANY years of experience in a threatening manner. I tried being nice it doesn't work with you.

Human sand paper. I'm gonna have to steal this one.

I don't recall you ever trying to be nice to me- I have offered some solutions to you but they were obviously ignored and then I started offering witticisms instead.

You sir are a forum troll and you still need some learnin'.

Oh, and have a nice day.

Edited by zygote2k

This is no longer helpful. Further, I'm ready to hide the thread. However, I see some words of encouragement that I DO want the OP to consider (even in the "battlespace"). Topic locked.