DIY: LED fixture & jarduino

Neto

Notice that the fans will blow air out of the canopy & air is collected from the bottom of canopy. I did it this way for a number of reasons from dust to air temp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

This is what happends when uou dont protect your leds with a splash guard!!!

Posted Image

Posted Image

But still running strong! Will use it for my quarantine tank

Posted Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Nice? How's it look at 255/255?

Sent from my phone

Trust me I wont be able to take a picture jeje..

I will get a picture of it over my tank soon.. Its doing very well, some of my corals are getting more colorful like my pink birdsnest, before it was brown... My guess is that this is because this fixture covers more wavelengths than my previous fixture and some corals need these to color up efficiently.

• 4 weeks later...

I got these optics from stevesleds.com, I read somewhere that they offer better PAR compared to the other but IDK, they are cheaper, like $0.45 each..

I chose Jarduino because I want to control some other features not related to LED in the future like heater control, ATO, fish feeder (already programmed), dynamic speed control for LED fans..... The storm controller was my second choice though, jarduino currently does not offer clouds and or storm effects and this is something I might want to add in the future..

Still liking the jarduino?  I'm using a StormX and love it.  But now I'm thinking about building a jarduino to control everything else lol...

Well right now i only use it to control lights and monitor temperature. I still havent built the relay box to control the heaters but will probably do so soon..

Posted Image