BB problems not related to membership

admin

We seem to be experiencing problems with being able to "see" certain forums/categories.  I'm not sure what is going on, but I'm am looking into it.

Duely noted George.  Netscape 4.x seems to have some display problems too.

If it matters, you really should upgrade to IE5.5 or better due to the number of security vulnerabilities in the older versions of IE.

The BB seems to work fine in IE5.5, Opera 6.05, and Netscape 6.02 (all under Windows).  I haven't tried Unix or a Mac recently.

-T

Guest reefchic

The BB is working as designed in AOL 7.0 and 8.0 using MSIE 6.0. AOL will use whatever version of IE that is installed on the users computer. It is also functioning as designed in Netscape Gecko 7.0.

As for the display issues in Netscape 4.x browsers, this would have to do with HTML coding inerpretation. Note: NS is moving from the 4.x platform to the newest W3C compliant Gecko engine.

I suggest anyone using NS 4.x upgrade to 7.0.

Guest reefchic

ridetheducati

I work on Netscape 7 as an evangelist. I do not see the overlap image problem you are describing. If I can reproduce it, I can take a look and see what might be happenning.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
the board looks great in IE, but when I go to it from Netscape 7, it is incredibly degraded and it does not even have a lot of the function icosn like post or reply. I can't post anything from there It was working fine for days actually after the change in boards and now all of the suddent it is a handicap running low on sugar..........

Guest DebC11
Is anybody else seeing broken links for the graphics on this site?  It started about five days ago, and all I have are red x's for the links and most of the graphics.  Using IE 6.0 and it was fine until then, maybe a folder was moved on the server?

I see the links.  The problem is seeing the board!  :laugh:

I know Tom and company are working hard on getting the board stable.  It is frustrating and time consuming.

Tom, and who ever else is managing this board, thanks for all your hard work.  I cannot imagine how many hours you are putting in on getting things up, running and continued maintenance.

This is a great resource.

Guest DebC11
There all back, all the links!  Thank you for fixing whatever was going on with the links and the graphics.

Just so everyone knows, the ISP we are using keeps making server modifications.  As such, they continuously screw us (in a manner of speaking).

Everything should be working now.  Let us know if anything is broken.

-T

You personally or me as admin?  You can link to an external one right now and I thought I enabled uploads too.  I will look in to it.

Are all your problems OK?  Aside from any NN4.7 problems.

Yes, I want to upload my own avatar.

Other than that, I cannot find anything else to complain about.  (but as you know, I am always looking ;-)

Thanks Tom!

Mike

Well, this BB has turned into a pain in the a.... with having to open another browser and all to be able to see anything and post!! :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:

I simpathize with you.  Due respect, but I'm not slugging through the html for this board so it will work in Netscape.  I do have a life :D   I highly recommend you bring your issue up with the Ikon folks (www.ikonboard.com).  I think it is inexcusable, but lack the motivation to make it better  :laugh:

PEZ:

No need to take this personal and get defensive. I did not mean to imply it is your fault in any way. I ahve never had a complain about you guy's work with the site. I just find it odd that the board looked and worked just fine in my computer under Netscape after it came back on and continued to work fine for days. Then, the second time it went out it came back all screwed up and hasn't changed since. The CMAS board is also an IKON board and I am able to see it just fine from Netscape. I thought it was maybe my computer, so I cleared the cache and have rebooted a few times since and nothing changed. Maybe it is my computer still.

No offsense taken.  We have the latest version of Ikonboard.  The pervious version seemed to be better with cross browser support.  I highly recommend Opera, if you are willing to send the $30 to get rid of the annoying ad banner.  Mozilla seems to work just fine too.  And you can always use IE.  More and more apps seem to be IE only these days...things would be different if I were king!