Let's Do A Poker Run/Tank Tour... :)

So... After This Upcoming FragFest, Everyone out there is going to have some Beautiful Tanks, along with Allot of new additions thriving and growing... And I'm quite interested in seeing everyone's tanks after the event.
       So what I'd Like to organize is a POKER RUN, in which we'll have everyone sign up who wants to have their tank shown(the only way to "play a hand"), and everyone will earn cards toward that hand at "Stop", along the way. The more people we have, the more hand's we can play, thus, More Deck's, More Tanks, More Corals, and We could always break down by different area's to allow for time to admire each Tank, and less driving, and More Fun. We could always do multiple Weekends, or Nights of this if there are just that many people  who would love to show off their tank as such.

So I'm curious as to what you all think about this idea, as I think it would be a fun way for everyone to meet each other in a fun cool way, and It's somethin' a lil' different as well.... Depending on how many people we have that are interested in participating in this.
    ~Good time for someone out there to learn to play Poker who does not before...~

~You don't have to show a tank to play, But it would be nice. :)~
  ~ Everyone's Invited~

post-2633751-0-86941000-1374255152_thumb.jpg

You realize these things don't end until 5-6pm on Sunday night. Doubt you will find many people who want to spend a few hours out looking at tanks late on Sunday.

You realize these things don't end until 5-6pm on Sunday night. Doubt you will find many people who want to spend a few hours out looking at tanks late on Sunday.

You realize I Was talking about in another month or so after the Event... :) Hence' once everything is Thriving and Growing... , But Anywho, Your still invited if you'd like...

Just to make it Clear, This could be in a month or so After the Event... That way everyone has got Allot of new Livestock, and should be pretty cool to see what everyone does in time... :)

Sorry Guys, I did not realize it was that bad of an Idea, that I got only negative Comments so far... With Over 56 " Views'' so far... We win Drinks, A frag, Gettin' to pick what bar or place we go to afterwards... I dunno, It was just an idea So that I could make some new frriends....

I am unclear as to what the purpose of the cards would be? Do they get turned in at the end? How does one win?

And The point of the cards is... to get one at each house... 3 diff' houses, 3 diff' cards, Then to lay down 22 more... Have you ever played Texas Hold' Em;???  makes just driving around looking at tanks, a lil' more interesting.... And Yes, I'm sure at the end... the Owner would proably like his DeckOfCards back... lol ;)

(edited)

I'll play my Shivan Dragon with.firewalk.Against your Mountain Gorilla- that means you get 5 damage points.and.I get an extra turn.

Edited by zygote2k

Ouch...give a guy some credit for trying. Not sure I'd make it, but keep the ideas coming. I would love it if there was another tank tour...like of Totm tanks.....old and new-ish.

I'll play my Shivan Dragon with.firewalk.Against your Mountain Gorilla- that means you get 5 damage points.and.I get an extra turn.

And this is coming from a sponsor.., 0.o

Ouch...give a guy some credit for trying. Not sure I'd make it, but keep the ideas coming. I would love it if there was another tank tour...like of Totm tanks.....old and new-ish.

Atleast one person said somethin positive out of everyone that viewed or post.lol. That.s what I.m sayin... So if your all down I.d love to do somethin after a month or so. Always down to do a tour anytime given enough time and people.

I like the idea of doing tank tours again...we do have a lot of members and there are a few located fairly close to one another in some areas...

It would be neat to have one person of each area...say the Maryland group do theirs one weekend, the falls church area people and then maybe the Fred/Woodbridge area another? Those area each fairly far away from each other but if they were all different weekends if someone wanted to they could make all 3 areas...or 4 if there are more I'm leaving out?

I like the idea of doing tank tours again...we do have a lot of members and there are a few located fairly close to one another in some areas...

It would be neat to have one person of each area...say the Maryland group do theirs one weekend, the falls church area people and then maybe the Fred/Woodbridge area another? Those area each fairly far away from each other but if they were all different weekends if someone wanted to they could make all 3 areas...or 4 if there are more I'm leaving out?

So I guess its decided... Tank Tours have started back up....

I'd love to setup a couple events like this or something, So everyone Please don't be shy to come on up and Say " Hi"  tomorrow, It'd be nice to coordinate something, and meet allot of cool people and make new friends at the same time.

I think a Month should be about enough time for everyone to get their tanks and livestock situated after the Event... What do you all think???

Wow, I'm shocked at this thread.  Poker runs are done all the time in the biker world for charity.  I'm surprised how many don't know what they are.  I'm also surprised at the negative comments here, not used to seeing that on WAMAS.

Wow, I'm shocked at this thread. Poker runs are done all the time in the biker world for charity. I'm surprised how many don't know what they are. I'm also surprised at the negative comments here, not used to seeing that on WAMAS.

Yeha, can you tell they all like me ...? ;-)

I don't think they were intended negatively...more questioning..when people don't understand it make stem question...and sometimes questioning sounds mean, but I hope you don't take it out of context....

I totally get the idea...as my parents used to ride motorcycles and did poker runs fromSC to FL a lot...I'm not sure if alot of the wamas'rs will get or like the idea of the runs..but everyone likes visiting others' tanks!

I didn't read negativity into any of these posts...I don't think anyone on here even usually understands Rob let alone takes him personally lol...other than that it was Jason asking an honest question and Scott clarifying that the ff was a late day....

I just think there isn't a huge interest in the concept within the group.....

I didnt mean anything negative by my question. Sorry if it came across like I did. I have never heard of a poker run and wanted to understand how it worked.

I dont mind showing my tank off, but my apartment is pretty small and entertaining a large group, currently, would not work well. But I like the initiative, and that we are thinking outside the box!

I think this is what was being talked about....nothing like having your idea shot down with the first responder lol

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk 2

I just think the idea was unclear in. The beginning....

with that said,AGAIN, anI don't think it needs to keep being brought up

im down for a woodbridge area tank tour...but to preface that it would have to be while my husband is out of he'd flip with having a bunch of people in the house he doesn't know,lol...

And I don't think there has to be an extremely long time at anyone's house unless you choose to offer refreshments or something...say choose to be the tours middle tank and have cookies and pop or something...then continue on...

also, as I am a bit 'ocd' my personal take would be to have a fact sheet out stats written down prior to people coming over so you can quickly and efficiently discuss your tank....

i agree hubby isnt down for people i dont know at the house either.....

and again, scott wasnt negative he was saying ff runs late. OP never said that he didnt mean right after FF and scott was trying to help. Hes simply just not a negative kinda guy...