Interested in Apex/RK controlled d120's?

AlanM

Yes. The methodology is the same. There are Files in the chinese blackbox led proof group on facebook that document the hack. Mike Herman has posted videos of modifying SB boxes and Troy Long sells prefabbed kits to add the control port.

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, Lee is right.  The newer ones use PWM drivers rather than the 10V Analog ones.  The PWM ones can go pretty low on dimming and are simpler to do from RA.

(edited)

Hmm, mine are only a few weeks old and seem to be analog (that is what my relay box is sending them and they're dimming what I believe to be properly). I made my own cables and wired them up. Mine only go down to roughly 10%. 

Edited by madweazl

That's accurate. Only certain models use pwm like the wifi i believe. But the basics are analog and some of the drivers now can take either signal.

That's accurate. Only certain models use pwm like the wifi i believe. But the basics are analog and some of the drivers now can take either signal.

I never bothered to check if they would accept a PWM signal; just went with what I had read here and over on the RA boards.