Severe weather ahead!!!

nbgen12

post-2633366-0-63738500-1371156196_thumb.jpg

So is this the Walmart "airstone" that everyone was talking about using in case you lose power? I bought a couple anyway, but I think I'll return them if I don't need to use them tonight. It says on the package "Aerates 8 gallons/Runs 52 Hr on D cell", would this do anything at all on a 72 gallon tank? Or would I be wasting my time with this? I might keep one for my Biocube though.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If you place the air stone towards the bottom the rising bubbles will help to create the much needed flow. They also work great to transport fish in buckets for long trips. Just put a small hole in the lid to run the airline through.

No power here....tree across a powerline. If vienna/ tysons is going to become part of the metropolis, someone better figure out how to keep the power on during a 15 minute thunderstorm lol

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk 2

It almost ripped the awning off my house but power still up (knocking wood).

At least it isn't 95 degrees like last year....that was the real killer

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk 2

someone better figure out how to keep the power on during a 15 minute thunderstorm lol

That's easy, just bury all utilities. Unfortunately, that's very cost prohibitive if done after the fact. We are fortunate enough to live in a community that has all lines buried and have not lost power in the 2 years we've lived here, through hurricanes/tropical storms or derichos.

Hope everyone gets their power on soon.

We have buried power but somehow lose power frequently.  No idea what that's about.  I do enjoy the no power lines thing in our neighborhood, but don't seem to be getting the benefit of no outages.

We have buried power but somehow lose power frequently.  No idea what that's about.  I do enjoy the no power lines thing in our neighborhood, but don't seem to be getting the benefit of no outages.

The extent of the lines being buried is not enough. All buried lines end up above ground at some point so a lot has to do with what is going on before it goes underground. In our area, it's trees. I'm sure luck has a lot to do w/ it too. Or the lack of luck.

I'm disappointed.

Well at 4:45 this morning a big huge tree behind us fell...shook the house a tad... But other than that...absolutely nothing here!

(Oh and the tree was in a ravine so no issues there)