30x30x24 frameless

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tank looks great. Any comparison between the ati's andthose?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...

Forgive me if I have not been following closely... but what happened to the bonsai before? Are you speculating that because of the lighting change from ATI's to LED's you've been able to bring it back? Do you think if this is the case, that perhaps you were blasting it with way to much light? Your tank is still looking very nice!

after i played around with the lighting combination it just went bleached mode.. and i changed the light to LED ..bleach stopped..and it's getting purple hues and green polyps..

thanks~

after i played around with the lighting combination it just went bleached mode.. and i changed the light to LED ..bleach stopped..and it's getting purple hues and green polyps..

thanks~

Did you break in your bulbs as suggested? The reason I ask, is I'm bleaching SPS and I think it's due to the sheer power of the bulbs.

well,i did have some break in period for the T5.. but fact is that .. no matter what you do.. these sps will change their color /bleach anyways..

so i just let it bleached and waited for the color back to what they were.

for LED. i just programmed 6500W to 13k 14k 20k.. and some blue , royal blue modes. hich sps didn't get stunned as they were to T5 changes..

• 2 weeks later...

Your tank looks great. What was your reason for changing from t5 to LED? I'm thinking of getting ride of my halide led combo and putting ati t5's over my 93cube. Is there any reason I shouldn't?

Your tank looks great. What was your reason for changing from t5 to LED? I'm thinking of getting ride of my halide led combo and putting ati t5's over my 93cube. Is there any reason I shouldn't?

Well, I had great success with ATI T5. I love that light.. it made my tank flourish ..

I read some of GHL Mitras Club (http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2219645)

and decided to go with some of the programming project by the guys were very impressive. I was going to get ATI with LED combo, but got a good opportunity to get the current light.. 

I tried Radion/AI/ or some of LED lights but I just didn't get enough info before I used them.. (don't get me wrong they are all great!).I wasn't happy with it.. so I went back to ATI..

with this light I don't think I go back (well, I sold it.. cuz I was pretty sure I don't need them anymore)..

anyways.. if you think T5 is the next thing you would put, that's good option~.. ATI is just great light~..

Thanks for the input. I ended up ordering a Hamilton 6x24 t5 this morning and I'm sure I'll switch a few bulbs over to ati to get the color I want.

Thanks for the input. I ended up ordering a Hamilton 6x24 t5 this morning and I'm sure I'll switch a few bulbs over to ati to get the color I want.

should be great.. T5 is safe choice for sure.!!!!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Some regal shots...I had to sell purple tang to keep this one..

thanks Ronin..after few days.. he starts to eat pallet and flake..and anything I feed him..yey!!!

upload_-1.jpg

upload_-1.jpg

upload_-1.jpg

Can you provide more details on that new light stand? Is it custom made? Any pics of how it attaches to the back of the tank stand? It looks very nice.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Can you provide more details on that new light stand? Is it custom made? Any pics of how it attaches to the back of the tank stand? It looks very nice.

Thanks

Yes. it's custom made from http://www.reeflightmounts.com/mitras-mount.htm

I will put some pics of back of the tank.... very easy to install.. If I can do it, 5 year old kids can do it.. that simple~