stand question

jimlin

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yup jigsaw is for cutting curves not straight lines. I think he was suggesting you return the saw.

Exactly

i bought it from the px. good idea. think i will return it and buy a circular saw.

Do it to it.

thanks. 3 coats of poly. not enough time to sand and put on more coats before the move. pretty happy with the build. although it is not perfect, it is my first build and i learned a lot from it. i will order cabinet doors from e bay.

I made a stand similar to your i wanted a very clean smooth kind of modern look. For the door i wanted something very sleek and very simple, i went with a sheet of 3/4" plywood. The door swings to the left, on the right side i made a 45 degree cut so that you can grip on to something when you open it. Your stand would probably do well with two doors because of how wide it is, if you do you will want another piece of wood in the middle of that opening so that when the doors are closed you don't see inside the cabinet. For the hinges on this door i used concealed hinges.

Also tip for anyone who is trying to seal up cracks on wood, Car Bondo works very very well. I use it a lot on finish work were things need to look seamless.

8f23c44fdf_zps6ab38366.jpg

Edited by SaltLife

i will use two doors, but dont think i will add a center brace on the stand. i will put a thin board behind one of the doors instead because i love to be able to pull the sump out from under the stand if something was to happen to it. it also gives me easy access to everything under the stand without having a third door. also bought a circular saw so there may be some moldings to be added in the future along with the doors.