DDiver's 300g/Restaurant Build

DDiver

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Billy, Looks great! congrats! let me know the grand opening date.

Thanks Carla, will do..

Did you get the other branching structure reconfigured yet? The other one is going to be bigger right or is that one at the end the one we talked about needing the reconfigure?

Love all the extra space for swimming! =)

that is it brotha...

Where did you get the branching rock?

Been collecting them over the years but you can get then from BRS....

Got some nice schoolers to begin with..

post-2631591-0-10586500-1365914217_thumb.jpg

I had a chance to see the tank today. Great to see the width, from the side, and how much real estate there will be for corals. DDiver had put in a few test corals to make sure everything was okay before putting in the "rare stuff" later. The view from three sides was a good move for the restaurant, customers will enjoy it, as will WAMAS members.

Make sure to stop by on Saturday, sounds like DDiver will have some tank "surprises". Oh, and make sure to taste and buy some Thai food too.

Great work. Can't wait to see it full of corals and clam(s).

Looks awesome, are you going to add any more rock?

I'm gonna add a little more rock on the other side opposite the tonga branches...the real estate in middle is reserved for centerpiece, one of which the tank was actually built for...

I had a chance to see the tank today. Great to see the width, from the side, and how much real estate there will be for corals. DDiver had put in a few test corals to make sure everything was okay before putting in the "rare stuff" later. The view from three sides was a good move for the restaurant, customers will enjoy it, as will WAMAS members.

Make sure to stop by on Saturday, sounds like DDiver will have some tank "surprises". Oh, and make sure to taste and buy some Thai food too.

Great work. Can't wait to see it full of corals and clam(s).

Thanks for comin by Mike, you are one of only three Wamasers to get a sneak peak...

Thanks for comin by Mike, you are one of only three Wamasers to get a sneak peak...

I'm honored to have been one of those =). Thank the fam again for feeding me the other weekend! :clap:

Love the dark sand! Did the reefbrite strips end up giving you the shimmer that you had hoped for once everything was full?

I'm honored to have been one of those =). Thank the fam again for feeding me the other weekend! :clap:

Love the dark sand! Did the reefbrite strips end up giving you the shimmer that you had hoped for once everything was full?

im getting minimal shimmer but its shimmering ;)

dude it is coming along nicely!! I'm jealous since I know all of the hotness that will be in that tank soon! I wonder if we can go there to eat and shop for corals!!!???!??!?!?!

I've been looking forward to seeing that centerpiece! It's going to be fantastic!

I've been looking forward to seeing that centerpiece! It's going to be fantastic!

Ron,I'm not sure if I'm gonna put that guy in anytime soon..the tank is cycled but I'm sure the bacterial population is minimal and that guy will add a huge bioload..I dunno, I'm still on the fence...I'd like to have it for the GO but I don't know if its worth it since I've had it this whole time doing fine and I don't want to make a mistake I'm gonna regret..hey at least you're one of the lucky ones to have gotten a peek...

dude it is coming along nicely!! I'm jealous since I know all of the hotness that will be in that tank soon! I wonder if we can go there to eat and shop for corals!!!???!??!?!?!

NO SOUP(or corals) for YOU!!!! ;)

I don't think I'd put it in yet Billy. I agree with everything you said - I'd think it might be best to wait a couple months to let things stabilize. But that's me, I tend to go very slow with this stuff. I still can't wait to see it again :)

• 2 weeks later...

I've yet to see any Wamasers other than a few of you that was hear for the opening...maybe this will convince you to come...