Need ideas on how to move volumes of filtered water

Jan

I use a lot of RODI water to clean the ingredients for my blends. Have you got any ideas on how I can pump/move the water from a big container up to my kitchen sink?

I use a mag 7 and on the end of the pump I have a ball valve with a Quest fitting in it. I use a 1/2 polyethylene tubing. You can get all the parts at HD or Lowes in the tuding area. It is basically just a large size RO tubing. I'll text you a picture of mine.

Have a pump on the counter next to the sink that can be turned on and off as needed and have a hose from the pump going into the sink and the other end have it travel through the wall or floor to where the rodi water is.

Small pump in holding container hooked to hose that is ran to sink with valve at end. This is how I run my WC's at this time, until my water closet is done on the other side of wall from my tank. Easy and can roll up hose and put away.

Guest thefishman65

If you want something fancy. Look into RO drinking systems. Have pump that keeps a bladder full and then add a second faucet to the sink.

If you want something fancy. Look into RO drinking systems. Have pump that keeps a bladder full and then add a second faucet to the sink.

+1

NIce to have in the kitchen

Silly question but why the need for such large amounts of RO/DI water? I understand the desire to have all the ingredients cleaned and to have only RO/DI water in your food blend. But wouldn't you get the same end result if you washed all the ingredients in regular tap water and then do a final rinse/soaking in RO/DI water?

Given that for every gallon of RO/DI water used throws away 4+ gallons of acceptable drinking water, it seems like a little wasteful. Don't take this the wrong way, just trying see if you can save time, money, and resources.

Edited by DaveS

There are a bunch of good solutions but I think the most important piece of information to determine the best solution is missing. How much water do you need to at a time? The 2 gallon solution will look a lot differant than the 10 gallon solution. Do you need RODI or is just RO sufficient?

That's a good question, Dave. Will chloramine rinse off of raw foods with RO/DI water? I put very little water in the blends themselves. My concern is making sure I'm not contaminating the ingredients with the tap water.

Thanks for being the voice of reason. I'm going through 30+ gallons of RO/DI water with each batch.

Silly question but why the need for such large amounts of RO/DI water? I understand the desire to have all the ingredients cleaned and to have only RO/DI water in your food blend. But wouldn't you get the same end result if you washed all the ingredients in regular tap water and then do a final rinse/soaking in RO/DI water?

Given that for every gallon of RO/DI water used throws away 4+ gallons of acceptable drinking water, it seems like a little wasteful. Don't take this the wrong way, just trying see if you can save time, money, and resources.

Hmmm, probably just RO. I think just chloramine free and low TDS water would be fine. I use about 30+ gallons for rinsing and soaking per batch.

There are a bunch of good solutions but I think the most important piece of information to determine the best solution is missing. How much water do you need to at a time? The 2 gallon solution will look a lot differant than the 10 gallon solution. Do you need RODI or is just RO sufficient?

If chloramines are your concern, you should be able to knock that out with a simple two stage cabon filter. I don't know enough about your source water to say it would be a complete solution but if I were in your shoes I would think it would pay to research it a bit more. Your still going to have to lug the water unless you put down the big bucks for a huge pressure tank, but if you can eliminate the RO portion of your filter system and just run 3 stage sediment-carbon blocks then a small pressure tank could easily keep up with that volume IMHO.