Is there a way to test an automatic shut off valve?

TonyInVa

My RO/DI unit(I have the Air, Water, Ice Typhoon III) is not getting water to the last stage. I believe the ASOV is bad. Is there a way to check if it is good or not?

Is the last stage the DI? Some times they fill with air but they still work fine. Cracking the seal lets the air out.

I would call AWI in the morning and see what they recommend, they have good customer support.

Thanks Dave I tried that. I even tried running it without the canister on the unit. Everything was working fine yesterday. I was filling a 5gal bucket. CAme down about 1/2 hour later and only a little water in the bucket. Before that system working fine. I replaced filters about a month ago.

Is there any waste water coming out? Are the fast flush and DI bypass valves set correctly (both "off")? Can you get water out of the RO sample port?

Can you disconnect the input to the RO membrane (turn the input valve off first, though) and then, after turning the water back on, get flow to this point? (This is after the ASOV, but before the membrane). If not, try doing the same test prior to the ASOV (right after the carbon block canisters).

Check the membrane. If it is clogged the water will not reach the DI or last stage. You can disconnect the airline coming out of the membrane to the ASO and disconnect the other line going from the ASO to the DI and if you can blow air thru it it is not the issue. Lastly if you find this to work, take the membrane out and see if water gets to the last stage. If it does you need a new membrane. Hope this makes sense.