Aiptasia X ready to use on 3 potential culprits...

Minh B.

Hi everyone.

So I'm fairly new but have been cycling my 90G tank with 90 lbs of Vanuatu LR (uncured) for about 2 months now. About a month ago, I notice some life forms start to pop up including a lot of reddish forams and also 3 suspicious lifeforms (pictured below). #1 (about 5-6 mm in diameter) completely retracts into its hole at the slightest shadow, movement or vibration. #2 (about 7 mm in diameter) is not as sensitive but does retract but when it does, its tube is still sticking out (feather duster?). #3 (about 7-9 mm) doesn't seem to retract. All of these so far appear as solo specimens and have not formed colonies (at least not yet). But any thoughts on the ID would be great because I have the Aiptasia X and I'm not afraid to use it. Thanks :o)

post-2633423-135052039908_thumb.jpg

post-2633423-135052041809_thumb.jpg

post-2633423-135052042483_thumb.jpg

They all look like types of feather dusters to me.

1 and 3 definitely look like feather dusters.

Hi everyone.

So I'm fairly new but have been cycling my 90G tank with 90 lbs of Vanuatu LR (uncured) for about 2 months now. About a month ago, I notice some life forms start to pop up including a lot of reddish forams and also 3 suspicious lifeforms (pictured below). #1 (about 5-6 mm in diameter) completely retracts into its hole at the slightest shadow, movement or vibration. #2 (about 7 mm in diameter) is not as sensitive but does retract but when it does, its tube is still sticking out (feather duster?). #3 (about 7-9 mm) doesn't seem to retract. All of these so far appear as solo specimens and have not formed colonies (at least not yet). But any thoughts on the ID would be great because I have the Aiptasia X and I'm not afraid to use it. Thanks :o)

definitely feather dusters

4 for 4. Looks like feather dusters.

Whew [breaths a sigh of relief]. Thanks everyone! Looks like the Aiptasia X won't be used afterall.

• 1 month later...