Attaching ricordea to rock

Jan

All ricordea that are caught legally in the US are attatched to rubble rock. One of the rules for catching and selling ricordea here in the US is that they must be attatched to rubble rock. Find a rock that you like. If it is from your DT pat it dry. Take your ricordea, turn it over, pat dry the rubblerock and surrounding area. Use coral glue or any reef safe glue. Place a good amount of glue on the rubble rock and then attached (press gently) to your display rock. Don't be alarmed if the glue gets on the ricordea. They're so slimey that it wont stick. Attach all rics about 1" from one another to allow for expansion and growth. After you've attached all ricordea onto your rock, place the rock in your DT in an area of medium to low flow at the bottom of your tank. Ricordeas do not like high flow or detritus. Keep your dkh at about 10 for good growth and expansion. enjoy!!

Edited by Jan

I would think the same as any other frag. Since they come with some amount of rock on their base. I would put super glue on that the use hands or tweezers to attach to rock in DT.

Thanks for the personal call then posting this Jan.

You have my vote for WAMASer of the Year! :wub: :clap: :clap: :clap: