The Reef Tank sale

Jon Lazar

I saw a note pinned under "Vendor News" stating that the Reef Tank is holding a moving sale this weekend, and received a similar email through TRT's mailing list.

Make sure you call before you go; I spent 90 minutes driving up from Fredericksburg yesterday only to find their doors closed. :wall:

Apparently Grim had a family emergency and couldn't open the store yesterday. Hope all is well.

Jon

I was there today (sunday)....... and Grim told me that he is looking for retail space (warehouse) to start fresh. If any of you know of a retail space/warehouse space in Fairfax County, let him know and he would appreciate it.

Guest minimalist

I too went when they were supposed to be open and the doors were locked w/out so much as a note. He said he's getting out of the propogation business and moving towards dry goods, etc. It's going to become similar to The Marine Scene, but hopefully not as pricey.

Guest clownfish4
I too went when they were supposed to be open and the doors were locked w/out so much as a note.  He said he's getting out of the propogation business and moving towards dry goods, etc.  It's going to become similar to The Marine Scene, but hopefully not as pricey.

36493[/snapback]

Now that's just depressing! They were my favorite LFS in the area....5 mins from my house!

Their lease is expiring and the landlord want a substantial increase in rent. He wants to find a smaller (warehouse) space and will reopen as soon as he finds that.

with Reef Store gone I think the WEB/Internet stores will start hearing from me again. Nothing against the Reston/Herndon store but their products and prices have not been in my range lately.

I have to say that it is a bummer they are closing up shop.... They had so much potential for the area- and I like the guys a lot.

with Reef Store gone  I think the WEB/Internet stores will start hearing from me again.  Nothing against the Reston/Herndon store but their products and prices have not been in my range lately.

36499[/snapback]

Guest Larry-T

OK, here's a question for you. I live in Montgomery County. I see that The Reef Tank is in Fairfax. I'm looking for small critters (snails, crabs, maybe some sand-sifting help) and possibly some gobies. Is it worth going 33 miles each way to visit this place before they close?

Guest tburrs

I was there last week and they had NO critters. None. Zero. Marine Scene is probably your best bet.

Went there today to pick up some LS/Rubble. Caution: Bring your own bucket or you'll be told rudely (in their standard customer-unfriendly fashion) that you should've.

Went there today to pick up some LS/Rubble.  Caution: Bring your own bucket or you'll be told rudely (in their standard customer-unfriendly fashion) that you should've.

36524[/snapback]

Emissary, anything good left in there? Hardware or livestock? Or pretty much only have LS or Rock left?

I would not say there is any LR there. All corals are brown, but they do have tanks, LS

By the way, what time do they usally show up? I was there at 5 on weds but neither of them were there.

Emissary, anything good left in there? Hardware or livestock? Or pretty much only have LS or Rock left?

Not much good. The filtration's been disconnected for a while -- dunno how long, it was disconnected when I got there yesterday. I imagine there's still *some* LS and rubble, but I can't be sure. There certainly were tanks, a tub, and a 1000W ballast.