A+ to Jeff (AKA: NAGA)

BowieReefer84

(edited)

Nothing like a one piece CNC'ed acrylic eurobrace to set off a custom tank. Jeff is building me a glass tank with an acrylic eurobrace. Basically like AGE (company out of Texas).

It has rounded inside edges, and this first video is just a teaser...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/60938236@N07/7267344946/

Look for more video and pictures in the coming days...

Thanks again Jeff for the superior quality and awesome price.

Mike

Edited by BowieReefer84

Are all euro braces on glass tanks made of acrylic? I always assumed they were glass.

MOST are glass, but then you have seems all around which looks junky IMO.

This tank will be 22" tall with 1/2" glass. I probably could have done without the brace at all, but did NOT want a rimless tank. I prefer the eurobrace, and Jeff presented this option (he basically told me how AGE does it) more or less.

People will debate acrlyic & glass not bonding, but let's not go there.

This looks so slick compared to a glass eurobrace it is not even comparable imo.

Sounds great man. I can't wait to see the final product. I am not a fan of rimless either (I love looking at rimless tanks - but I wouldn't want to own one), but I also hate the braces that go across the center of tanks as well and block light. So euro bracing is absolutely the way to go. The bonding issue isn't really an issue if the eurobrace isn't even technically needed - but just for my education - how exactly will Jeff attach the acrylic to the glass if they won't bond together?

how exactly will Jeff attach the acrylic to the glass if they won't bond together?

They WILL bond together... Just takes a different product than your standard silicon, and people love to argue about it...

Look up AGE Ryan if you want to see lots of pictures. They have a cult following. They even do PVC tank bottoms with glass sides, and acrylic bracing.

Anways, that's getting off topic. I was just showing the awesome piece of equipment Jeff is using on my tank.

I have heard great things about miracles tanks and AGE tanks. (not glass cages of course). so i know "just like AGE" means quality and good things. just wish i knew more about tank building and whatnot. anyway, back on topic, the machine jeff is using looks expensive as heck. thanks for the sharing the video.

I have a tank from Jeff with the acrylic rim, better known as a splash guard. I like it, but it adds absolutely no structural integrity. I could pull it off by hand if I wanted to.

What size are u going with?

55"x22"x22" This will give me the ability to run a 6 bulb 54w T5 setup, with equal space around the fixture.

Really any 4' fixture will light this tank well (and go sps if I decide).

^lol, I would LOVE to own the patent on slicing bread smile.gif

http://www.google.co...tents/US1867377

And really awesome looking video, I think I'll have dreams of that CNC machine!

55"x22"x22" This will give me the ability to run a 6 bulb 54w T5 setup, with equal space around the fixture.

Really any 4' fixture will light this tank well (and go sps if I decide).

I have a nice 7 bulb fixture for sale

Hi Michael., glad you liked the video. This top can be cut out in about 2.5 minutes vs. doing it by hand taking 30 minutes. The accuracy is also to within .003" The router can cut through 2" material in a single pass(16hp). It looks like a snowblower when it's cutting that thick material.

Thank you for the business!

• 4 weeks later...

Make sure you show pics.

I will. Already have some insider pic's not to be posted. It is a very clean sharp looking tank. Credit to me for great design, and jeff for great execution.