$1 per gallon petco sale and sump building

nbgen12

Does anyone knows when Petco will do their next $1 per gallon sale? Or when the last $1 per gallon sale was??

I'm itchin to get my sump built before I build my stand for my new 75g tank I'll be upgrading to and was hoping to save a good bit of money...patience is a tough thing when you can't wait to get out of a 55g long tank and actually get a little aquascaping space haha.

the current petco sale ends this saturday. so the next one should start this sunday. if they are going to have the $1/gallon sale in the near future, you'll know this sunday.

I'll try to remember to ask my petco tonight, sometimes the managers know.

"patience is a tough thing when you can't wait to get out of a 55g long tank "

+1 You'll love a 75 lol.

That would be awesome if I could know ahead of time....it's taking every last bit of energy not to just go in and just buy the 40 breeder for 100 bucks or whatever it is so I can just get started lol. (itches neck)

Have you tried seeing if anyone on here has a used 40 for sale? or craigslist? If it's going to be a sump it doesn't have to be perfect, though I understand wanting a new one wink.gif

ph34r.gif

Edited by YiatzOfEden

I'm new on here and actually didn't know I would post anything relating to the buying or selling. Where should I post something like that on the forum?? I don't want to any moderators burning me for violating the rules lol. It would be awesome if I could get a deal for close to the same price because I would rather not wait for the sale if I don't have to.

I've looked on craigslist for few several weeks but every one I see on there is incredibly overpriced for a used tank, and they always want to sell the thing with their hood, filter, gravel etc..

and yeah it's definitely for a sump so having a perfect 40g isn't that important...just needs to hold water for me

and yeah it's definitely for a sump so having a perfect 40g isn't that important...just needs to hold water for me

Join here. It's $20/year. We have a meeting coming up on April 29th that's free for members (worth the $20 alone imo)

http://www.wamas.org/join.php

Once joined, you gain access to the member only wtb/wts forum. We have used sumps of all sizes in there on a regular basis.

I actually did that last night but I guess haven't gotten the chance to explore around yet. I'll definitely try and get out to the event on April 29th to check everything out and get to meet some of the local reefers around here!

(edited)

Thank you! I'm extremely excited to fully realize what that $20 membership allows me access to.....

Edited by nbgen12

Thank you! I'm extremely excited to fully realize what that $20 membership allows me access to.....

You can't imagine... My $20 was realized 10x over just at the fragfest last summer. That's not including the great deals I've done with members since then. clap.gif Welcome to WAMAS!

Thanks for becoming a paid member! I'm sure you will find the $20 well worth it. Heck it has been $20 for the past 12 years that I have been a member, too bad gas prices haven't stayed the same over that time frame.

As for when the last $1/gallon sale was, I know it was running back in December because I bought four 40g breeders then during that sale.

I'm more than pleased to say it has already paid for itself in....about 12 hours?? This awesome guy called me up and said if I came out to pick it up, he would give me a 40g breeder for free. That's about as warm a welcome as it gets! Will be keeping him in mind down the road and make sure to return the favor once some of my coral grows out from its frag size. I should have become a paying member of WAMAS the moment I thought about getting started.....woulda, coulda, shoulda....

As promised, I stopped by petco (husband was not too pleased with all my purchases lol) and found out that while not soon, they will have a $1 sale upcoming (late spring/early summer) and usually have them around the holidays also. He made it seem like a seasonal type thing as well. Also, I probably shouldn't tell you all rolleyes.gif but I can't resist... They (at least the lovely ppl at my store) are able to pre-order tanks in for you, say multiple 40b's. happy.gif

oh wow that is troublesome news(pre-ordering tanks before the sale) LOL. It's so hard to control the spending until you've got what you want for equipment...I'm still in the heavy spending stage until I get my hands on a good aquacontroller and some MP-40s.....not looking forward to seeing the bank account after those lol.

Thanks for checkin in with petco!