I turned my kitchen to a disk making shop ;-)

Valeria

I checked out all of the Garf stuff and it's great but all of it looks roughly formed unlike Valeria's discs and domes above.

Here is a video from a past fragfest with Almon in the star role.

I use a mixture of 4 parts crushed coral/sand and 1 part portland. Follow the directions at GARF.org.

thanks Dave!! exactly this! the only difference is I use aregonite and like you said a watery mixture.

I was talking about what and how you built the molds to make the discs and domes to come out clean and sharp.

I have some icecube trays that make an icecube in the shape of a ball and made a couple of these half rounds. They're about 2" in diamter and about an inch tall. Just made this out of some old non-sanded grout I had so it might not be good to use in the tank - just wanted to see if the molds would work. These might be nice to use for zoa colonies or something.

IMAG0129.jpg

They came out better than I thought they would. These are curing now but I think I'm going to get some portland and make a portland/sand mix and make some more. I'll report how it goes.

Thanks for the inspiration Valeria!

(edited)

I have some icecube trays that make an icecube in the shape of a ball and made a couple of these half rounds. They're about 2" in diamter and about an inch tall. Just made this out of some old non-sanded grout I had so it might not be good to use in the tank - just wanted to see if the molds would work. These might be nice to use for zoa colonies or something.

IMAG0129.jpg

Ron,

That looks great!

Here are pictures of my zoa bouquets.

I call the round structures Valeria's domes :)

zoabouquet3.jpg

zoabouquet2.jpg

zoabouquet.jpg

Edited by Valeria

Valeria, this cake must be delicious ;)

Mufo,

if you or anyone else would like some of "Valeria's domes" let me know and I will take some to the next meeting for you.

Valeria - That's exactly what I was thinking of when I saw your post and all the shapes. If you want a few when I make these shoot me a pm.

Valeria - That's exactly what I was thinking of when I saw your post and all the shapes. If you want a few when I make these shoot me a pm.

Sure!

thanks!!! :laugh: