Who sells Calcium Chloride Flakes and Magnesium Flakes locally?

Mando77

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Costco. 100% Mag Chloride

Anyone here have firsthand experience with this Mg? Would be good to get confirmation that nothing bad happens with it...

So is someone in WAMAS making batches of 2-part now and giving it away at cost as a good samariton? Was going to order my first ever batch (vre most likely) but just saw this thread

Funny this thread came back up today after I called Harvey's this morning to see what they had in stock.

They have a 94% Calcium flake (forgot to ask the name) for $16.08/50lb bag and they have Dead Sea Mag Flake for $17.69/50lb bag. ohh...he said plus tax and a "fuel surcharge" of............drum roll please...............13 cents!!!

Guess I'll head over there Monday to grab some instead of ordering from BRS as I had planned.

A word of caution about using DIY 3 part mixes:

If whichever chemical you get mixes up and has brown dirt or particulates in it, make sure to strain this over a coffee filter or filter sock to remove any debris that will clog doser lines. I used to use the stuff from HD and Harvey, but have found that it's usually very dirty.

I've found "dirt" to be more of an issue with certain brands of calcium chloride than DSW magnesium chloride.