$170 LED Fixture Out of China

Ryan S

I have one of those that I was going to use for a frag tank but ended up using it on the main tank. No issues so far and it's been about year and a half. I have one with 30 RB and 25 whites. With all on, it looks about 12000K. You can customize the B:W ratio on those and the newer ones coming out have a dimmer.

i have one very similar, im sure they are the same. Paid 2x for it a few months ago. works pretty good, all my sps under it grew a lot faster than before.

actually, after skimming through the specs, i'm sure it's the same thing I bought...

Ok I guess you have to look for the intent/practical purpose....

they look nice....

I had a regular led cheap 1 watt fixture grow plants, but it eventaully got wet and they weren't made to be water resistant... these ones look like they are.... so I'd be willing to give it a shot if anyone orders one can they please take pictures!

Guest thefishman65

Just a few comments. The picture of the 'on' units are not the one advertised since they have more than 55 LEDs. The one that does have 55 LEDs does not look like any LEDs I have seen, but it is hard to tell. 120 watts for 55 LEDs is about 2.2 watts per LEDs. That is good they are not overdriving them - they should stay nice and cool. So how come they need three fans? My guess is that they are using very inefficient LEDs and producing more heat than some of the more expensive LEDs.

Finally the blues are in the 460-470 spectrum. This really a little off what we want for 'pop' you really need 450-460. Cree Royal LBue are 450-465 and regular blues are 465 - 485. You might get some, but not as much as the deeper blues.

I think it's Bridgelux LEDs. If anyone want to check out the color, let me know and you can come and see it. actually, i think Petland got them too. it is a little bluer than the cree tho...

Just a few comments. The picture of the 'on' units are not the one advertised since they have more than 55 LEDs. The one that does have 55 LEDs does not look like any LEDs I have seen, but it is hard to tell. 120 watts for 55 LEDs is about 2.2 watts per LEDs. That is good they are not overdriving them - they should stay nice and cool. So how come they need three fans? My guess is that they are using very inefficient LEDs and producing more heat than some of the more expensive LEDs.

Finally the blues are in the 460-470 spectrum. This really a little off what we want for 'pop' you really need 450-460. Cree Royal LBue are 450-465 and regular blues are 465 - 485. You might get some, but not as much as the deeper blues.

So are we feeling that this is worth it or not worth it? Does this get the wamas seal of plausability?

It sounds like they do. Apparently several WAMAS members are using them and having good results. Some guy on RC said that they're good for tanks no deeper than 12" though (like frag tanks). So I don't know if I'd put them over a tank that was 20 or 30"... (assuming he is right).

It sounds like they do. Apparently several WAMAS members are using them and having good results. Some guy on RC said that they're good for tanks no deeper than 12" though (like frag tanks). So I don't know if I'd put them over a tank that was 20 or 30"... (assuming he is right).

I have it about 6-8in above my water. Tank is 29in deep. Sps are between 8-18in below surface. So it can be use for regular tank. I say it's a good buy at $170 shipped, i paid 300+shipping for an identical one, different name, a while back. They are not comparable to my DIY Cree tho, color wise.

I calculate this unit to be about 16 inches long by 8 inches deep. How big a tank is that supposed to support? Doesn't seem like I could put over my 75 or is there something I don't understand. Thx

Edited by Rosco's Reefs

Spend your money wisely once. This product is not that once.

:laugh:

:clap:

GREAT advice! Something I had wished someone would have told me back in the day when I first jumped into the hobby.