Resizing louvered doors for stand

Fazio92

Hey Everyone,

Just wanted to see if any woodworkers out there were bored today and want to help me resize some louvered doors for my stand. The doors will need to be cutdown both vertically and horizontally. I have all the tools necessary (i think :) ), but only have 1 shot at getting it right. PM me if you are free and want to swing by Reston :)

Thanks

-Anthony

I did not realize you needed help today when I was there....so sorry I would have come back and give you a hand with the doors....ugh now I feel bad :sad:

Wow...that sounds interesting..wish I were there, I've had to cut them down height wise but not width..maybe remove the top and bottom pieces you'll need to reuse then cut down the louvers with both sides still attached on a table saw then remove the left piece and reglue all the slats...cut the height and the top and bottom stock to fit the new width...

I did not realize you needed help today when I was there....so sorry I would have come back and give you a hand with the doors....ugh now I feel bad :sad:

No worries, you gave me some good insight :) Still haven't taken the plunge yet though :)

Wow...that sounds interesting..wish I were there, I've had to cut them down height wise but not width..maybe remove the top and bottom pieces you'll need to reuse then cut down the louvers with both sides still attached on a table saw then remove the left piece and reglue all the slats...cut the height and the top and bottom stock to fit the new width...

Yeah, that's what i was thinking but after talking to wvreef when he stopped by, i think i am just going to cut them down height wise so i don't have to mess with the louvers (luckily). I was trying to go with a two double doors (2x18", - 36" opening), but then decided to just do two single doors at 30", so i wouldn't have to cut them vertically. We'll see what happens, i'm still kind of just starring at them hoping i'm not going to mess up :) i get one shot

We'll see what happens, i'm still kind of just starring at them hoping i'm not going to mess up :) i get one shot

Anthony, if you cut the door long on your first try, you can dry fit the pieces for practice. After getting it right, you can then make your real cut.