Jason Fox Signature Corals

Many of you will be familiar with the name Jason Fox. He's a well known coral grower who is local to us, and who we work with quite a bit. Dr. Mac was able to pay him a visit last week and shot a pretty incredible behind the scenes video tour for us! Just take a look:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubv1rsw2axM

As you can see, Jason has some amazing livestock, and we offer quite a bit of it on our website. Just updated today with some new photos and we expect to have more to post next week!

http://www.pacificeastaquaculture.com/prodList.asp?idcategory=53&pMaxItemsPerPage=1000

JFO151080GreenYellowEyeLeptastrea_300.jpg

JFD0808125PinkJinxWatermelon_300.jpg

JFN180560ValentineCyphastrea_300.jpg

JFO1504500NeonYellowEyeLeptoseris_300.jpg

^yep, i concur!!

(what is the last one?)

leptoseris... My reference material says that it prefers "subdued" conditions and the genus contains the deepest water zooxanthelae corals. This one doesn't look like a deepwater coral, though and the care sheet is sps generic.

It is absolutely stunning! I wonder what conditions it grows well under.

he tank isnt much different than ours besides overall size, no dosing special anything, ca rx, kalk top up water changes and Instant Ocean.

that 300dd that the first tank has LEDs (stunner strips i think) T5 and MH if im not mistaken, he only uses radiums.

he tank isnt much different than ours besides overall size, no dosing special anything, ca rx, kalk top up water changes and Instant Ocean.

that 300dd that the first tank has LEDs (stunner strips i think) T5 and MH if im not mistaken, he only uses radiums.

It is not that Jason does anything different from anyone else as far as care of the corals, it is that he is a passionate collector. He has been collecting corals for probably 15 years and he will not hesitate to buy something he likes without concern for cost and this is why he has such an impressive collection. Over the years he has changed his tanks considerably, going from more of just frag vats to now show tanks and this is I think more for his personal taste and viewing pleasure. Jason has collected some really odd corals and has literally thousands of different chalices, Acros, zoos, etc. We offer many of Jason's frags for sale and get new ones all the time and update our site with WYSIWYG frags from him and we do take special requests too. Over the years we have seen various speculations and rumors about Jason so we thought we would present a video tour and will likely do some more of his individual tanks in the coming months. We hope you enjoy Jason's passion and also hope it is inspirational to all.

So what's the going price for a Santa Fe sunrise chalice / J Fox split decision frag?

I have a frag of the bottom coral (the leptoseris) if anyone wants to see it in person......it is sweet!

cheers,

Darren

Darren, I would love to see it! What conditions do you have it growing under, how long have you had it, how does it grow?

Not a whole lot of info on the genus... and (with the exception of pictures of this coral) this one doesn't look like most of the pictures I have found of the genus.