How do you make frags?

MBVette

I wanted to trim back a big sinularia that I have; and was wondering how you go about attaching it to something? I have never fragged anything, and have only trimmed back GSP so far; so this is all new. So cutting it is probably pretty easy, just trim at branching points like you would a tree. Now how do I get these pieces to attach to something?

Thanks

I stick softies and shrooms in a little pile of rubble about 1" deep for about a week in a breeder basket. By the end of a week they're attached to rubble. Then I use epoxy and glue (read below. If I'm in a hurry I use a neede and thread. Threading through the trunk onto rock. Then I glue the thread.

LPS and SPS - I make a small ball out of epoxy (aquarium epoxy) Add glue to the end of the frag, attach it to the epoxy then add glue to the epoxy and attach to my rock. This double glue method works great for me.

Bridal veil netting. Glue one end to bottom of frag plug. Lay the frag down, pull the otheer end tight across, with a few twists, and glue the other end.

bob

On the soft corals, depends on what it is. I've used everything from a toothpick and rubber band for xenia, to rock rubble and letting mushrooms and others settle on the rock of their choice (in a breeder type enclosure monted inside the tank), to bridal veil.

For lps and sps i use super glue gel. I have sewed leathers to a piece of rubble when nothing else worked and also like austinsdad said a toothpick and a rubber band for other softies.